Chapter 6

The weekend passed by quick

The weekend passed by quick. It was Monday already. I woke up at 5:30.

I showered and straightened my hair. I wore light makeup and a beige tight dress with beige heels.

Eva gave me some working clothes. They were really pretty and she said she no longer needed them.

I decided I was going to walk to work. It was a nice day out and I was going to enjoy it.

35 Minutes later I was there. I had still had 30 minutes left so I decided to walk to the coffee shop.

"Hi good morning can I have one black coffee and another coffee with five sugar and five cream inside." I told the cashier.

"That would be $11.37." I payed her in cash. I didn't have a card but I wanted one.

After six minutes of waiting they called my name. I walked up to the counter and grabbed the carton box with both of the coffees.

I started walking back. It was 6:57am already. I walked into the building and the lady at the counter greeted me.

"I'm sorry what is your name again?" She never told me her name and I figured I should know it as I would be seeing her everyday.

"My name is Miranda." She had a pretty name. I gave her a smile and walked towards the elevator.

I clicked the button to the highest floor.  After awhile the elevator doors opened. I started walking toward my bosses office.

I knocked on the door. "Come in." Mr.Adam said. I entered the room "I got you coffee." I handed him the coffee and he just placed it on the side.

I sat on the chair. He then looked up from his computer. It was silent. None of us were saying anything.

I decided to break the silence. "So what can I do for you today." I asked him.

"I need you to return some phone calls for me and schedule some meetings." That sounded easy.

"Okay." I told him. He stood up. "Follow me." He said. I started walking behind him.

He reached another office across his office. There was only two offices on the last floor.

"This is your office." It was really pretty but I was excited because I would be able to decorate it.

"Okay." I told him. "Would i be able to decorate it?" I asked him.

"Yes that is fine."  He was just staring at me. He was really really good looking.

"Okay then I will start making them phone calls."  I told him.

He walked away and soon came back and handed me some papers.

"Here call these numbers and the blank spaces are the only times I can have a meeting so you need to schedule it."

"Okay." I told him.

"If you need any help just ring me. You can press this button or call me the number is right there or you can just walk to my office." He said.

I started calling the numbers. From the top of the list and crossing out the ones I already called.

"Hello this is the Adams Company I am calling to schedule your meeting. The only days that are available are September 22 at 4pm."

Next call.

"Hell this is the Adams Company Mr.Adams can not get to you at the moment so I can schedule a meeting. The days available are next week September 26 at 9am."

It wasn't that hard.

I was making calls for about two hours when I had finished calling everyone and scheduling them a meeting. 

I started walking to Mr. Adams office. I knocked on his door and he told me to come in.

"I am done scheduling your meetings." I told him. "Is there anything else you need me to do."

"Can you print five of these copies."

"Where is the printer?"

"There is one in your office. Everything you will need you will have in your office."

I just nodded at him. I took the paper from his hands and our fingers touched for a brief moment.

He was my boss. I couldn't date him. It was unprofessional.

I started walking back to my office. I printed 5 of the copies he asked me to.

I started walking back to his office. Here are the copies you asked me for.

"Is that all?"

"Yes you are dismissed and can go home for the day. Today was not a busy day because I handled everything on the weekend."

"Are you sure? I can go get you food or something."

"Okay can you get me chinese food."

I nodded. "I will be back." He started walking towards me.

"Here is my card the pin is 1420."

He was handing me his credit card?

"You trust me with your credit card?"

"Well I know everything about you so If anything happened I would know were to contact you."

I started walking away. There was a place about a mile away. I started walking there.

After twenty minutes I was there and got the food.

I started my walk back.

I was walking towards his office and I opened the door. Shit I forgot to knock. This is what happens when you don't knock.

This is embarrassing. Me walking in on my boss doing....

————————————
What do you guys think he was doing??

How do you guys like this story so far?