Chapter 2

(Adult Rose)

(Adult Rose)

It was 6am. I showered and then changed into my cleaning attire. I was a maid.

I worked in this big house and sometimes when I had days off I cleaned other peoples houses.

Beth recommended me to the owners. I still kept in touch with Beth from here and there.

I was now twenty one. I came so far. After foster care took me I never saw my mother again. She just left me.

It was a nice day out today. Every morning I would always walk to work.

I always got cat called because of my cleaning attire. It was annoying but I always ignored it.

Sometimes cars would even stop and ask me how much. It was gross they thought cleaning attire was cute.

But I loved the nature a lot. I was saving for a car and I lived in a tiny apartment. The rent was always around 200 every month. It wasn't that bad.

I had to walk two miles every morning. I didn't mind though. I was very fit.

After forty minutes I reached my bosses Mr. Cortez's house.

I stayed there all day until 6pm.

It was already 7:20 am. "Good morning" I said to the body guard at the gate.

"Good morning Ms.Colleen." I gave him a smile.

I entered the house and put on my apron and started working.

"Good morning Rose." Mrs. Cortez said and I said good morning back and then she walked away.

I first started cleaning the restrooms and then the rooms. I always cleaned Mrs. Cortez's room last.

After I was done cleaning all the restrooms and rooms I started cleaning the kitchen.

I wiped down all of the counters and started cleaning the fridge out.

They had a really nice house. One day I wish to be as rich as her and give my kids the life they deserve. The life I never got.

Once I was done I started washing the dishes and then I moved on to sweeping and moping.

It was now 1pm . I had done a lot. I cleaned the theater room, the gaming room and the back yard and I had also showered her three dogs.

"Good afternoon Rose." Mrs Cortez said. When I turned around she was with a police officer.

"Good afternoon Mrs.Cortez." I was going to question her but I decided not too.

The police officer then started talking.

"Do you know why I am here Rose." I was confused. "No" "I am here because you stole some jewelry from Mrs. Cortez."

What was he talking about. "I never stole from her." I told him. "Yes this morning when I check my jewelry box two of my most expensive necklaces and earrings were gone.

"I would never steal from you Mrs.Cortez."

"Check her pockets." He couldn't check me could he? He started walking towards me.

I wasn't worried though because I didn't steal from her. But I didn't want him to touch me.

He started touching me and reaching into my pockets.

When I seen what he pulled out I was shocked.

"Are these yours Mrs.Cortez." He said. "Yes they are mine."

I started panicking. "No I didn't steal them someone put them there. Please!" I started panicking.

"If you leave and never come back I will not put charges against you." I couldn't afford to lose this job.

"Please let me talk to Mr. Cortez." I said. Mr. Cortez was a really nice man to me.

He hired me but I don't think Mrs. Cortez ever really liked me because of that.

But I was just doing my job nothing more.

Im pretty sure she was the one who put the jewelry there. I always left my apron here.

"I will put charges against you Rose." I rather be left without a job than go to jail.

"Okay" I said and I grabbed my things and started walking out.

I was bummed but oh well. I would find another job.

——————————————
So how is the story so far? Im excited to be writing this story.