Chapter 22

It had been a month since my first date with Ethan and today was our 7th date

It had been a month since my first date with Ethan and today was our 7th date. It was barley 6:30pm and I got out of the shower and changed in my dress. He said he would pick me up at 8pm.

Once I put on my dress I started straightening my hair. My phone pinged and It was a message from Miranda asking If I can come in tomorrow.

I haven't seen Mr.Adams since the day we had breakfast. I haven't heard from either but when I would walk into the office he would leave sticky notes on my computer of things he needed me to do and sometimes he would leave me emails. I think he's been working from home or something cause I haven't heard his office door open or close.

I started straightening the top pieces of my hair. When I was done I grabbed a piece and twirled it and pulled it back and put it in place with a bobby pin. It was already 7.

I grabbed my makeup bag and started doing my makeup. Ethan wasn't my boyfriend yet but he sometimes acted like it and he liked when I would put a lot of make up.

I grabbed my moisturizer and put some on my hand and started rubbing it all over my face and then I grabbed my primer and put it where it needed to go. I grabbed my foundation and started blending it in. I grabbed some blush and applied an awful amount on my cheeks.

I was never taught how to do my makeup because I was an only child and I didn't have friends besides Eva but she left for this job thing so she's not here to help me but I've watched videos.

I put on some black eyeshadow and then applied a bright red lipstick. I put mascara on my eyes and curled them after. I had bought my makeup products from the 99 so they weren't that good but that was fine. I had already gotten 2 paychecks and it payed well.

Every 2 weeks I got paid. It was 2,300. I had made 4,600 In the last month. It was a lot of money and It mean't a lot to me. I had a savings box and put half of the money I earned in there for emergencies and I had another box for rent and the rest of the money I kept in a jar in my kitchen for when I go out or want to treat myself.

Oh and I had a new phone. After the breakfast thing with Mr.Adams he had sent a person to drop of a phone and computer at my house. I told the guy I couldn't take it and he insisted.

It was a iMac laptop and the Iphone 14 and there was an envelope. I opened it and it said

Hi Rose I hope you enjoy these gifts from me. You will be needing them for work.

I didn't need them for work tho besides the laptop. I sometimes used it to do the work from home. I didn't understand why he bought them for me but I appreciated it.

I lost track of time while being in my thoughts because It was already 8pm and Ethan was outside. I had talked to Ethan about the whole paying dinner thing and he started paying the food but It caused a whole argument.

I walked outside to his car and got in. He tried kissing me but I moved away from it. I really liked him but I wasn't ready to kiss him yet.

He realized and then drove off. We arrived at the restaurant Mr.Adams first brought me too but I didn't want to eat here.

"Can we go somewhere else?"

"Why!" He practically yelled out. I could tell he was mad but I didn't know why.

"Please." I said as I was holding tears back. I didn't like when people yelled at me.

"Fine." He started driving else were.

We arrived at another restaurant and got out and started walking inside the building. We were seated at a two people table and the waiter came to take our order.

Ethan ordered 2 pastas and tequila. I ordered a water. After 20 minutes of waiting the waiter came back with our food.

"Before we eat I want to ask you If you want to be my girlfriend."

"Yes!" Ethan leaned over to kiss me and I didn't want to but It was about time so I let him kiss me and he was practically eating my whole face and then I moved away.

"There's people." I said and he rolled his eyes.

He started eating his food and I started eating my food too.

"How was your day?" I asked him and he just said It was good. I excused myself and walked towards the restroom. I walked in and there was a lot of mirrors and I couldn't even recognize myself anymore.

Who did I become and why? My face was so cakey and my clothes so elegant but even if it was elegant it was ugly. This wasn't me.

Was Ethan who I really wanted? I could never take my mind off Sebastian. I walked out of the restroom and bumped into someone. I looked up and it was Mr.Adams.

"Ms.Colleen" His face held confusion and worry. I just nodded and walked away quickly. I wanted to turn my head back so bad but I didn't. I went to my table and sat down and seen Mr.Adams walk the other way. Luckily he didn't turn his head this way so he didn't see my date.

"What took you forever?"

"I bumped into an old friend sorry."

"You can't have friends!" I just stayed quiet because I didn't know what else to say. We were done eating and he payed and we walked to his car.

He took a different route than my house.

"Where are you going?"

"My house." I just nodded. After being in the car for 15 minutes it came to a stop. He got out of the car and I did to and we walked into his house.

He led me to the living room and left and then came back with red wine and two glass cups.

————————————
1000 words! So ima finish this chapter on the next chapter I post. Feedback?