6: The Love Hypothesis

Prologue

Prologue

As a third-year Ph.D. candidate, Olive Smith doesn't believe in lasting romantic relationships--but her best friend does, and that's what got her into this situation. Convincing Anh that Olive is dating and well on her way to a happily ever after was always going to take more than hand-wavy Jedi mind tricks: Scientists require proof. So, like any self-respecting biologist, Olive panics and kisses the first man she sees.

That man is none other than Adam Carlsen, a young hotshot professor--and well-known ass. Which is why Olive is positively floored when Stanford's reigning lab tyrant agrees to keep her charade a secret and be her fake boyfriend. But when a big science conference goes haywire, putting Olive's career on the Bunsen burner, Adam surprises her again with his unyielding support and even more unyielding... six-pack abs.

Suddenly their little experiment feels dangerously close to combustion. And Olive discovers that the only thing more complicated than a hypothesis on love is putting her own heart under the microscope.

My review

Sometimes reading books are really a good thing. It gives you vision, and new words but some books are just so out of the box that it just blows your mind and just makes you feel that you stepped into a new realm of knowledge. And I have always been a sucker for new information.

So the author, Ali Hazelwood is one of those authors who possess this thing.

After reading a good amount of romance, angst and fantasy genre I really wanted to read a rom-com book. As a break and also because I was craving for one. So I searched NYT best sellers in rom-com, Google gave me a long list and literally I tried each book but after five or ten chapters I was done because either the content was boring or it was the case of the plot not fitting to the genre "rom-com" exactly. I was like, why authors don't understand the meaning of rom-com?... It's when a person really wants a humourous plot with amazing characters that makes you love them along with some steamy, crazy romance buzzing in the air. But I think for matter of publishing the plots gets stretched and gets altered from its core genre.

But her books are really amazing..

I got derailed from the topic..

So about the book-

It's amazing, basically it's about STEM series and if you don't know about it then it's more interesting because finding new things has its own high. The characters are simple and I've read comments of people saying 'its boring, simple, too simple...only love here and there' that's what is rom-com. You read it when you don't want third person between a couple or any secrets. Just a happy and interesting plot.

I really love the main leads of the books. The way they are cute. The scenes of book are itself refreshing and the way the chemistry builds up is amazing.

Adam can give some second thoughts but you need to have patience with that arrogant professor.

Olive is a lively girl and tbh I got inspired from her liveliness to inject some into my own system.

Not only about romance, but this story is also about the stereotype behaviour towards the women in STEM. Since, I really don't know much about it but from what I read from this book, I felt that it really could be so frustrating to aim for your goals while being looked down by others. But this is what on which Olive stomped on and moved on with fire.

The setting of chapters is really amazinggggg. The book is not that lengthy but the setting is fantastic.

If you want to read a rom-com this is my first suggestion.