18: A Spanish Love Deception Series

Prologue

Prologue

Catalina Martín desperately needs a date to her sister's wedding. Especially since her little white lie about her American boyfriend has spiralled out of control. Now everyone she knows-including her ex and his fiancée-will be there and eager to meet him.

She only has four weeks to find someone willing to cross the Atlantic and aid in her deception. New York to Spain is no short flight and her raucous family won't be easy to fool.

Enter Aaron Blackford-her tall, handsome, condescending colleague-who surprisingly offers to step in. She'd rather refuse; never has there been a more aggravating, blood-boiling, and insufferable man.

But Catalina is desperate, and as the wedding draws nearer, Aaron looks like her best option. And she begins to realize he might not be as terrible in the real world as he is at the office

Review

Okay I read the American roomate experiment and I went like a honeybee because of the slightly different prologue and skilled this book because..tbh sometimes same things sucks. But then one day after going through NYT list again and realising pretty much everything I've read and few rejected, I came back like a drenched pup here. You can see the change in my writing style(not too formal) it's because I had exam after I drank whole EVS and I want to sleep but can't..

Anywaysss, if you want a good book with slow burn romances, slight bickering, a sunshine-grumpy combo with a new culture (I'm not Spanish because) then ..

Pick this.

It's a perfect book for your time, with as teady place, no toxic stuff and with moment where you feel shivers and squeal.

Aaron and Catalina have a good relationship in the end although the author skipped the wedding part. I'dk why it happens, is it because of some limit of pages od fun but I don't lile when concluding scenes are omitted.

The Martiñs brought fun in the book with Catalina's sunshine aura. Aaron was an adoring character too.

It's a good book with a simple plot and characters that won't bore you.

The American roomate experiment

Prologue

Rosie Graham has a problem. A few, actually. She just quit her well paid job to focus on her secret career as a romance writer. She hasn't told her family and now has terrible writer's block. Then, the ceiling of her New York apartment literally crumbles on her. Luckily she has her best friend Lina's spare key while she's out of town. But Rosie doesn't know that Lina has already lent her apartment to her cousin Lucas, who Rosie has been stalking-for lack of a better word-on Instagram for the last few months. Lucas seems intent on coming to her rescue like a Spanish knight in shining armor. Only this one strolls around the place in a towel, has a distracting grin, and an irresistible accent. Oh, and he cooks.

Lucas offers to let Rosie stay with him, at least until she can find some affordable temporary housing. And then he proposes an outrageous experiment to bring back her literary muse and meet her deadline: He'll take her on a series of experimental dates meant to jump-start her romantic inspiration. Rosie has nothing to lose. Her silly, online crush is totally under control-but Lucas's time in New York has an expiration date, and six weeks may not be enough, for either her or her deadline.

Review

Tbh this book is slightly, okay..too interesting in comparison to the first book. It's about diversion of careers of Rosayln & Lucas who are really apprehensive towards their future and deadline to complete book and Lucas anxious regarding the career he has lost

Lucas..God

He's really charming the first chapter is itself so fascinating that you can not stop reading. Like literally. The way the author described Lucas little details was so..admirable and attractive.

Tbh little differences in plot in comparison to all different rom-coms makes the book worthy to give a shot.

The tension between both is really palpable and scenes are so romantic that you will feel lonely for a sec before you resume shipping and hoping the ship of them to sail for final moments.

The scenes are literally lovable and I couldn't stop swooning over Lucas

If you are ready to try a really different plot pick this book, it's a standalone with few references to the first book.

This book is a roller coaster ride not some summer pick up to have with you've snacks when you're free

Recommended!

Completed: 16/1/23

_______________
Ques: Any male lead that made your..p@n+ie$ drop?

Mine:

Justin Kirkland, Lucas, Rikkard Ambrose, Michael.