10: Hook,Line and Sinker

Prologue

Prologue

King crab fisherman Fox Thornton has a reputation as a sexy, carefree flirt. Everyone knows he's a guaranteed good time--in bed and out--and that's exactly how he prefers it. Until he meets Hannah Bellinger. She's immune to his charm and looks, but she seems to enjoy his... personality? And wants to be friends? Bizarre. But he likes her too much to risk a fling, so platonic pals it is.

Now, Hannah's in town for work, crashing in Fox's spare bedroom. She knows he's a notorious ladies' man, but they're definitely just friends. In fact, she's nursing a hopeless crush on a colleague and Fox is just the person to help with her lackluster love life. Armed with a few tips from Westport's resident Casanova, Hannah sets out to catch her coworker's eye... yet the more time she spends with Fox, the more she wants him instead. As the line between friendship and flirtation begins to blur, Hannah can't deny she loves everything about Fox, but she refuses to be another notch on his bedpost.

Living with his best friend should have been easy. Except now she's walking around in a towel, sleeping right across the hall, and Fox is fantasizing about waking up next to her for the rest of his life and... and... man overboard! He's fallen for her, hook, line, and sinker. Helping her flirt with another guy is pure torture, but maybe if Fox can tackle his inner demons and show Hannah he's all in, she'll choose him instead?

In the follow-up to It Happened One Summer, Tessa Bailey delivers another deliciously fun rom-com about a former player who accidentally falls for his best friend while trying to help her land a different man...

Review

I am really new in this novels thing right now so I choose NYT best sellers list of rom-com and Ik no one cares about that NYT tag(after seeing few comments) but hey, I will grow up over putting a filter on a novel.

So basically in the list of rom-coms, I chose this book after reading its prologue and seeing the cover probably last time or as the twentieth book? Why? Because obviously the book doesn't give that much crazy vibes or scream to me with a green flag that 'hey! I'm worth reading' but this book was worth reading.

No offence to the author but maybe the cover should have been of a different theme rather than that radiant blue cover that put me off. Also the prologue didn't deliver the real concept of the book at all.

So don't judge a book by it's cover thing.

About the book, it's really of a new theme. Generally playboys tags are sticked by the authors on their characters, but here Fox had an entirely different problem. He was judged by his looks always. And what fox did to cope with others image regarding him just shot straight through my heart. The whole storyline is about how Fox ends up seeing himself in a new light and work up over his fears to state his love for Hannah proudly. Some may find this boring and crave for a steamy romance so for them.. it's not your cup of tea.

Working over fears of Fox just gave me chills literally.

Also this book made me want to go to westport after knowing the things told about the sea there, especially the fishing season.

Hannah's character is also adorable, and her love for her family is admirable. The line that she climbs into music was relatable because I myself do that.

This book isn't a basic playboy theme genre, its far much deeper and humourous and also heart touching. Although the confidence of Fox can set anyone aflame.;)

Read it!