Part 5

"Damon, where did he put you," Emma asked as they both sat next to each other at a table in the bunker's kitchen, each of them had a cup of coffee.

Damon reached into his inner jacket pocket and found his trusty flask, he poured some of the liquor inside into his coffee, he offered it to Emma; she shrugged and copied him, adding some to hers as well.

"1864, Mystic Falls," Damon said before he took a sip of his spiked coffee, he wasn't sure if he wanted to share the exact details with Emma or not.

"That's crazy," Emma shook her head in disbelief.

Damon nodded in agreement, "Yea, never thought I would see a young, dumb Stefan again, let alone my father."

Emma's amber eyes grew wide, "Woah, seriously! How are you feeling after that?"

Damon shrugged nonchalantly, "Fine, weirded out a little, but I'm fine Em."

Damon leaned over and kissed Emma softly, grateful to be able to feel her lips on his again and to be able to know that she was his. Emma set her cup on the table and wrapped her arms around him and pulled him closer, his hands tangled into her hair and he held onto her like a lifeline.

"Not in the damn kitchen," Dean chastised them as he came in, "people eat in here."

The couple separated and Emma rolled her eyes, "Shut up Dean."

Sam came around the corner and joined everyone in the room, "So, am I the only one concerned with what Gabriel said?"

"The hell fire crap?" Dean scoffed as he reached into the fridge and grabbed a beer, "Not my biggest issue right now."

Emma turned to Sam, "Do you think that is really something I can do? Control it?"

Sam shrugged and sat down across from her, "I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, but we are also talking about literal hell's fire. What ever it is, has an archangel spooked, so maybe we should look into it more."

Emma shook her head, "We are heading back to Mystic Falls in the morning."

"What? No," Dean looked at Emma like she was crazy, "why would you go back there?"

"It's home Dean, besides, graduation is coming up," Emma smiled proudly.

Dean rolled his eyes and turned back around, opening the fridge again and looking around. He rummaged around and picked a few things up before putting them back. Emma got what he was hinting at.

"Move Dean," Emma stood up and walked over to the fridge and pushed him away, "I'll cook."

"Ya know, I think we have everything you need to make your mom's apple pie," Dean smirked as he joined all the men at the table.

Emma crossed her arms and looked at him, "You just happen to have nutmeg and a ton of apples? I'm calling bullshit."

"There are a ton of spells that use nutmeg," Dean defended himself.

"Name one," Emma challenged.

Dean turned to Sam for back up, but found none, "When we need to summon...Santa?"

Emma sighed and rolled her eyes before turning to the cabinets and pulling out everything she needed to make her mother's apple pie. Damon was amused by the entire exchanged.

"So you can't make a meatball but you can make an apple pie?" Damon smirked.

Emma shrugged, "And I won't even have to sacrifice you to a scarecrow to make it."

Damon looked at her confused before Dean started in on the story of the sleepy little town that sacrificed people so they could keep up with the harvest. As Emma sliced apples, rolled out pie dough, and mixed spices, Dean continued with stories about their adventures with Emma.