Part 21

The sun had finally risen and the hoard of vampires was forced to find refuge inside. Damon and Emma walked through the front door of the lake house exhausted.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Elena yelled at Damon as soon as they closed the door, "All I asked you to do was teach him how to fight."

Emma rolled her eyes at the appearance of her favorite person and walked over to where Dean and Sam were.

"You good Emmy?" Dean asked.

Emma nodded and stole the coffee out of his hands, taking a long drink of it before handing it back, Dean smirked at her.

"He isn't exactly the best student," Damon continued arguing with Elena.

Sam leaned down and whispered in Emma's ear, "Admit it, you're enjoying this."

"Shut up," Emma elbowed his ribs.

"Okay," Elena sighed, "look, we need a plan. There's a group of compelled vampires out there, and as soon as the sun goes down, they're gonna come after Matt, so we have to find a way to protect him."

Emma stepped in, "Exactly why you are taking him home, then the rest of us are going to play hide and seek with the rest of the vamps until we find them all and finish them off. So stop your whining and get Matt home."

"Are you saying I should leave him here with you and Damon?" Elena looked almost disgusted at the idea.

"Surprise, surprise, you are doubting his abilities once again, like you always have," Emma said angrily.

Damon looked at Elena, "I'll keep Jeremy safe, I promise."

Elena hesitated for a moment before finally nodded her head and starting to leave.

Emma headed upstairs to clean herself up after fighting in the woods, she was caked in mud and blood. She pulled off her t-shirt and pulled on one of Dean's flannels that she had stolen.

"I never knew flannel could look so sexy," Damon said from the door way.

Emma rolled her eyes, "What do you want Damon."

"I want to know what you meant by what you told Elena."

"She is a whinny brat," Emma shrugged, "everyone knows that, nothing to look into."

Damon crossed his arms and leaned on the door frame, "You know exactly what I am asking Emma, I know you are smarter than that."

"I..." Emma shook her head, "we don't have much time to find all the vampires, we need to get started."

"You are hiding something from me," Damon stared her down, making Emma almost uncomfortable, "I have all these very confused feelings, and for a vampire, all that crap is magnified."

Emma nodded, "I'm sorry, but-"

"Emmy," Dean called from downstairs, "let's go hunting."

"We are not done with this," Damon almost growled at her.

"I know," Emma agreed before pushing past him and walking downstairs to met up with Sam and Dean.

Emma, Sam, and Dean started on the Northwest side of town and began making their way through all of the public buildings they could find. The few vampires they managed to get their hands on were scared, but not of them.

Emma shoved a young woman up against the wall and held her there, "Where are the rest?"

"He killed them!" The girl cried out.