Part 16

Dean entered his fake zip code into the gas pump before turning and tossing his stolen card to Emma, who had gotten out of the car to stretch, she caught it effortlessly.

She raised her eyebrow as she looked at him confused, "Do you not remember what happened last time you sent me into a store with your credit card?"

Dean shrugged while Sam looked at him like he was crazy. Emma rolled her eyes and put her hands in her pockets before heading inside.

Sam looked at Dean, "You know she is going to come out of there with half of the snack aisle, all of the cherry coke and god knows what else."

"What ever is going to make her smile Sammy," Dean reminded him.

Sam sighed but nodded I agreement, "We have to do something sooner rather than later."

"I know," Dean replied without taking his eyes off of the constantly running numbers on the pump.

Dean had just finished screwing the gas cap back onto Baby when he saw Emma emerge from the store, she only had one plastic bag and a new pair of wayfarer style sunglasses.

"Well, damn Em," Dean said sarcastically, while being worried about her unusually small haul, "I don't know how I will ever financially recover from this."

Emma pulled her new sunglasses down and looked at Dean over them before smiling softly, without saying anything to him. She climbed back into the back seat and rolled her window down. When they hit the highway Emma laid back and put her feet out the window.

"Emma, I swear to god if you scuff up my door with your boots..." Dean glared in the rearview mirror at her.

"Ugh," Emma rolled her eyes, "I won't Dean. I've done this thousands of times, and never once have I hurt Baby."

Sam smirked, knowing she had Dean beat, she cared about his car just as much as he did.

"Just be careful," he grumbled.

Dean turned up the radio and stayed deep in his thoughts until they pulled up to the lake house.

"So what is the case about anyway?" Emma asked as Sam handed her a bag out of the trunk.

"Just a few odd disappearances, ya know, the usual," Sam replied.

Emma looked at him confused, "So you came all this way for a couple of odd disappearances? Instead of sending me out here to at least do some recon work?"

Dean came back from the wood shed with the key to the house, "You know what, I'm done with the ruse."

"Dean..." Sam started to warn his brother.

"Caroline called us. She said you weren't doing so hot and she was hoping some time away from the vampire mess in Mystic Falls would help. I agreed," Dean said as he opened the front door to let everyone in.

"I'm fine Dean," Emma said with almost no conviction behind her words, at this point it was more of a reflexive answer for her.

Dean shrugged, "In that case, just look at it as, spending some quality time with your family. I even brought beer, which we both know your mother would have killed me so...be appreciative."

"I'm going to go find a room," Emma pushed past Dean and headed upstairs.

Sam stepped up next to Dean, "Way to go genius."

"Whatever, at least now we don't have to run around chasing nothing and we can friggin' relax," Dean blew him off and stepped into the house.

"Jerk," Sam muttered under his breath.