Part 9

"I don't like this Damon," Emma crossed her arms as she watched Elena and Bonnie climb into his car.

Damon put his hands on Emma's shoulders, forcing her attention on him, "I don't either, but someone has to show her the proper way to feed, Stefan can't do it."

"I should be going with you."

"And I agree, but you're a little ball of fire right now," Damon smirked, "the two who can't control themselves can't go on the field trip."

"I have control," Emma argued just as Stefan joined them.

"Bonnie has your back Emma," Stefan tried to assure her, "she's never tolerated Damon's antics."

Damon leaned down and kissed Emma before he climbed into his car and started the engine, pulling out of the driveway and onto the road.

Emma turned around and faced Stefan, "You are bullshitting yourself if you are okay with this."

"You're right," Stefan shrugged, "I'm not okay with it, but how about instead of brooding we go see Klaus."

Emma smirked, "A possible chance for me to use my new power and take out some aggression, I'm in."

"Thought you might be," Stefan laughed.

Emma and Stefan climbed into his Porsche and made their way over to Klaus's mansion. When they pulled in, no one was around, making it easy for them to get inside.

Stefan perked up when he heard something, "This way..."

He led Emma to a room and cautiously opened the door. Inside the red room, was Connor, chained up to a piece of wood as if Klaus was about to crucify him.

"I'm going to have to beef up hybrid security detail," Klaus said sarcastically as he walked into the room to find them.

Stefan shrugged, "I was gonna take him, but I figured, you went through so much trouble to truss him up in your red room of death."

"Its from the Inquisition," Klaus smirked, "I thought it would add a nice touch."

"Get anything out of him?" Emma asked as she crossed her arms.

"Not enough," Klaus sounded disappointed, "he's mum about the Council fire and he's not saying anything about this greater evil we're all supposed to be shivering over. What brings you two snooping?"

"Well, I can't just say it in front of him, as I'm sure you're aware, our friend here can't be compelled," Stefan explained.

Klaus turned to Connor, "Well, aren't you just full of mysteries?"

"I told you, I don't know anything," Connor spat at Klaus.

"Thankfully, I know plenty," Klaus stepped over to the door and opened it, gesturing for Emma and Stefan to follow, "shall we?"

Emma immediately followed, but Stefan lingered for a moment before following.

"Damon said you knew something about this guy. Now, I should have figured out that you were up to something when you healed Elena from the werewolf poison without asking for anything in return," Stefan looked over at Klaus.

"I was feeling benevolent," Klaus shrugged innocently.

"Ugh," Emma scoffed, making Klaus eye her with interest.

"You're never benevolent," Stefan rolled his eyes, "who is this guy and who are the Five?"

"So many questions," Klaus clasped his hands in front of himself.