Part 32

"Aren't you coming to help with keeping Elena in check at prom?" Stefan asked Damon from the doorway to Damon's room.

"I'm a little busy, I'm sure you can handle it," Damon waved his brother off as he continued studying a book that he had found in Professor Shane's stash about Silas.

"Silas is probably going to show up tonight," Stefan suggested, "he has messed with everyone but us so far. I'd say we are due."

Damon finally turned around, intrigued, "Fine, but I'm not watching Elena, I'm only there to kill Silas and find Em."

"So you really finally remember everything?" Stefan asked.

Damon nodded. Ever since Metatron had returned all of his memories his heart ached, more than he ever thought it could. The way that he had treated Emma the past few months and his time with Elena weighed heavy on him, he had attacked her, cheated on her, and was down right cruel at times. Despite all of that Emma had held strong to the hope that she would one day get him back. Damon owed her everything.

Stefan walked away to finish getting ready and Damon began rushing around the room, grabbing a white dress shirt, his black tie, and a black suit. He quickly got dressed and smoothed his hair back slightly.

When Damon arrived at the school he was on high alert for anyone out of place, he was ready for any fight that was coming his way. He stepped over to Stefan and Elena who were looking at a collage of photos that were flashing across a screen in front of the event.

"Where's the disco ball?" Damon asked sarcastically.

"Caroline's been working on this for a while," Stefan told him, "it's a, ah, photo-yearbook of the senior class."

A photo of Emma and Caroline flashed across the screen, it was from a clean up event that Caroline had planned and roped everyone into, Emma's bright smile was the first thing that caught Damon's eye. His heart felt like it was swelling and his lungs were closing up, it was the first time he had seen her in any way since remembering and the effect that it was having on him was immense. He was grateful when the photo transitioned to one of Elena and Matt in their freshman year.

"Isn't that photo from, ah, the first day of freshman year?" Stefan asked, trying to get Elena to react in anyway to it.

Elena nodded, "My mom took that when she dropped us off at school."

Stefan looked over at Damon and nodded, both of them understanding that this may be a way to get Elena to turn everything back on. The image suddenly changed to one of Elena with her brother Jeremy. Before either Salvatore could comment Elena began to walk away.

"I'm gonna get a seizure if I keep looking at these screens," she said while both men watched her walk away.

"So much for that," Stefan sighed.

"Yeah," Damon agreed, "call me if you see anything Silas like."

Damon walked away and began scanning the crowd, he stopped on the edge and continued looking. Caroline stepped up next to him wearing a white sleeveless bejeweled gown.

"Anything?" She asked him, slightly hopeful, but knowing by the look of determination on his face that he still hadn't found much.

"No, but the second that asshole shows himself, I'm separating his head from his body," Damon took a sip from his flask and then offered it to Caroline.

She took it and sipped quickly before handing it back, "This prom sucks. This is our last dance together, and it's awful. This is not how I wanted to remember this night. If anyone ask, I'll be at the after party."