Part 23

As everyone headed off to the island near Nova Scotia where they would find the cure, Emma stayed back with Caroline. They already had one mystical archeologist with them and Klaus needed a babysitter that he couldn't kill; and even though Emma didn't want to admit it to herself, she also didn't want to be around Elena and Damon. Neither her nor Damon had said anything more about the conversation and admissions that had happened while Damon was in the cellar. For all Emma knew, Damon may have thought they were a hallucination due to blood loss. Emma's heart ached for him, but she was stuck in a corner with no visible way out.

Emma was sitting on the stairs inside the Gilbert house watching as Klaus paced back and forth angrily, she crossed her arms as she began to get annoyed with the sounds of his boots against the hardwood of the living room he was trapped in.

"Will you give it a rest!" Emma yelled out in frustration.

Klaus stopped and turned to face Emma, his face was pure rage, "I'm sorry, am I bothering you? My brother is laying dead on the floor not even five feet from me and I am bothering you?"

"I would happily arrange for you to meet him in the afterlife if you would like, I'm sure there is a white oak stake left somewhere, or maybe just some really heavy duty magic," Emma smirked sarcastically as Tyler entered the house.

"Morning Sunshine," Tyler smiled at Klaus, "you look pathetic."

"Only until Bonnie's spell locking me in here wears off. Then I'll look different. Angrier, perhaps, or I won't look like anything because I'll have gouged your eyeballs from their sockets," Klaus threatened.

Tyler shrugged, "I'm sure everyone will be back by then, then I can shove that cure down your throat and make you mortal."

Emma stood up, "So many ways to choose from to kill him after that, how should we decide Tyler?"

"I'm an Original. What makes you think my entire vampire bloodline won't be cured along with me? For example, you," Klaus smiled, thinking he had cornered them.

"You know what I think? I think that's impossible. I think the moment you stop being a vampire, our whole blood connection to you is broken, and your sire-line ceases to exist. So, whatever happens to you, happens only to you, which means I can kill your ass and no one else has to die," Tyler said confidently, "although I am still debating on how to do it."

Klaus tried to speed towards Tyler, only to be stopped by Bonnie's barrier. Emma laughed out loud as Klaus's face furrowed in anger and frustration.

Suddenly Klaus smirked, "I recommend drowning. There's nothing quite like the feeling of someone fighting for something as basic as human breath. And let me tell you, your mother was a fighter."

Tyler glared at Klaus and looked like he was ready to fight him, Emma grabbed his arm and pulled him back slightly. Tyler pulled his arm back and went to sit at the dining room table, he grabbed a bottle of whiskey that was on the counter before sitting down. Emma brought over two glasses and stole the seat next him, he poured them both a drink. They sat in silence as they continued to watch Klaus's misery continue.

When the back door opened, Emma turned her head to see Caroline walking in.

"You're still here?" She looked surprised to see them both, "What are you doing?"

"Gloating," Tyler replied without looking at her.

"Hello Caroline," Klaus greeted her from the living room.

Caroline rolled her eyes at him and turned back to Emma and Tyler, "Come home, don't stoop to his level."

"He destroyed my life. I plan on being present for every second of his misery until I can kill him myself," Tyler almost growled.