Part 19

Damon walked up on Matt and Jeremy sparing on the side of the yard, Emma was just a few feet away leaning against a tree, pointing out the flaws in their moves. He eyed Emma, there was something about her that was driving him crazy. When she laughed as Matt shoved Jeremy to the ground, he felt something stir in him that he couldn't pinpoint.

Jeremy quickly got his feet under him, "All right, go ahead, make a move."

Matt rolled his eyes and let his guard down, "I came up here to be your wingman, not kick your ass."

Before Matt could react, Jeremy took advantage of his downed guard and flipped Matt onto his back.

"Cheap shot," Emma crossed her arms in disapproval.

"Yeah, we get it, your a badass," Matt said as he started to stand up.

Jeremy looked proud of himself, "Did you see that though?"

Damon scoffed, finally alerting them to his presence, "Couldn't miss it, it was in slow motion."

"Then teach me something useful," Jeremy said defiantly, "we've been here for days and all you've done is bark orders."

Damon looked at Jeremy and shrugged, "Okay, take a seat on the bench quarterback, kid wants a shot at the title."

Matt moved to stand by Emma, "You aren't ready for this Jer."

Emma nodded but disagreed, "He may not be ready, but he clearly needs to be shown that. Put his cocky ass down a peg or two. Damon's one of the best fighters I've seen, if he can't even hold his own for a second, he won't get very far."

Damon grabbed a stake and tossed it to Jeremy, arming him to be able to kill. Jeremy squared himself up and started to run at Damon. Before anyone could blink Damon had grabbed Jeremy's arm and had one hand at his throat.

"Now, all I have to do is apply a little bit of pressure," Damon threatened.

"Damon," Emma got his attention and motioned to the woman coming their way with a pizza box.

"Really?" Damon looked between the two boys, "Again?"

The girl smiled as she approached, "Double pepperoni, three days in a row. You guys eat anything else?"

"You offering?" Damon smirked, clearly making the girl uncomfortable.

Emma looked to the ground, Matt noticed her sudden change in demeanor.

Damon took the pizza and handed the girl a wad of cash, "That's something extra to cut off the pizza pipeline for a couple of days. No matter how much they beg, don't come back."

"Sorry guys," the girl looked at them ashamed and probably confused about how she felt after her run in with Damon, she turned and left.

Jeremy glared at Damon, "So you're starving us now?"

"If that's what it takes to make you a hunter. Now run around the lake...twice," Damon crossed his arms and turned to Matt, "keep him company."

Matt looked at him like he was crazy, "I don't have to listen to you."

"You do if you want to eat," Damon pointed out.

Both boys took off running with grunts of frustration.

Damon looked down at his phone, he had a voicemail from Elena. He had told her to stay away, at least until they could figure out how the sire bond affected their relationship.

"You okay?" Emma asked curiously.

Damon nodded, "Yeah...no...I really don't know right now."

Emma scoffed, "Story of my life. I'm heading inside, that damn Rusalka is not gonna survive the rest of the day if I have anything to say about it."