Part 8

"Klaus," Emma looked at the vampire angrily.

"Nice to see you too love," Klaus smirked at Emma as he walked over to meet them in the Mystic Falls hospital hallway, Klaus turned to Damon, "you have everything set?"

Damon nodded and motioned for Klaus to follow him and Emma, he led them into a medical supply room, "And now we wait. Jeremy and Meredith should be luring the hunter in here any moment."

Emma stayed tucked away in a corner behind Damon until Connor entered the room, Meredith scurried out by a side door before Connor could reach her, instead, he came face to face with Damon.

"Is a hospital really a good place for a germaphobe?" Connor challenged Damon.

"Did I say germaphobe?" Damon smirked, "Sorry, I meant vampire."

Connor started to reach for his gun, but Emma triggered the first arrow of their trap, knocking the gun to the floor; he tried to bend to get the gun but a second arrow flew and hit him. Each one was rigged to a claymore bomb, just like it had been set in the trailer.

"Stings, doesn't it," Damon teased.

Klaus came out from the shadows and kicked the gun over to Emma who picked it up and put it in her bag.

"Hello mate," Klaus greeted the hunter.

The hunter struggled against the restraints, fighting to get free.

"Keep it up dumbass, we'll be scrapping you from the ceiling," Emma put her hands on her hips.

"You're going to kill me anyway," Connor looked at the unlikely trio.

"Let's start with the basics. Where are you from? What do you know? Maybe you can cue me in on this greater evil, because I've fought this guy," Damon pointed to Klaus, "and there's nothing more evil than that."

Klaus smirked, "Truth be told, I'm as evil as it gets."

"I'm not telling you anything," Connor glared at Damon, "and if you think if you kill me, it's gonna be over, there's another waiting to take my place."

"See, this is what I like to hear; vague threats, ominous prophecies, disappearing tattoos," Damon crossed his arms.

"Tattoos?" Both Emma and Klaus looked at Damon wide eyed.

"Yeah, don't bother," Damon shrugged, "you can't see the damned things."

"There is more to you than meets the eye," Klaus stepped closer to the hunter, Connor took a swipe at Klaus with a stake he still had in his hand, "nice try, I'm faster than your average vampire."

"Is that why you have another hunter working with you?" Connor looked at Emma with disgust.

"I'm not your average hunter," Emma smirked, letting her eyes flash a bright orange.

Klaus cocked his head to the side while looking at Connor, "You're one of the Five."

"The what?" Damon looked at Emma for clarification.

Before anyone could answer Emma saw the hunter pull on the traps intentionally, "Damon!"

Damon had seen the same thing she did and grabbed Emma's arm, he pulled her quickly out and away from the medical room, but he wasn't quite fast enough. The explosion from the claymore bombs flung Damon and Emma forward, both of them hitting the ground hard.

"Ugh," she groaned as she rolled onto her back, covering her ears as if it would make the ringing stop.

"Em, you okay?" Damon asked as he moved so he could look at her.

Emma nodded, "That sucked, the movies make it look so simple to walk away from an explosion."

Damon pulled his car into the driveway of the boarding house, Matt's truck and Elena's car were both parked in front.

"Oh, joy, visitors," Emma said sarcastically.

"Come on," Damon rolled his eyes as he got out of the car.

They entered together, and they were both shocked by what they walked into. Elena's fangs were sunk into Matt's neck and she was drinking him dry.

"Elena!" Matt was struggling against her hold.

Damon rushed over to Elena and shoved her off of him, "Stop! Stop!"

Emma caught Matt just before he hit the ground and lowered him onto the couch. She made sure he was still conscience, he was, but he was noticeably alarmed and scared.

"Oh my God, Matt, I'm sorry," Elena's eyes filled with tears, "I'm so-I'm so sorry. I didn't-I didn't mean to-"

Damon stepped over to where Emma and Matt were, he forced Matt to look into his eyes, "It's okay, forget everything that happened. You came over, she fed a little bit and then you left. Now go home."

The now compelled Matt blinked a couple of times before standing up and leaving without a word.

Emma glared at Elena, her anger surged and the flames from the fire place danced wildly as she stepped over to the vampire, "Listen here you selfish little bitch, I'll be damned if I let you hurt or kill any of our friends, you got me."

"Emma," Damon quietly tried to get Emma's attention but her anger was overwhelming.

Emma felt a heat building within her, "Alaric is dead, because of you, my trust in the love of my life has a fault line now, because of you; I will stake you without so much of an inch of regret."

"Emma!" Damon called Emma's name again, this time she caught the panicked tone in it.

"What Damon?" Emma turned around, feeling a blast of heat radiate through her hands.

Emma looked down at her hands, they were on fire, but they weren't in pain; she felt no burning from the flames. She looked at her hands in awe.

"Elena, get out of here," Damon commanded the teenaged vampire and Elena fled while she had the chance.

Emma closed her hands into a fist to try and extinguish the flames, it worked.

"Wow," she whispered.

"Maybe we need to start looking for a new ring," Damon suggested cautiously.

Emma looked at Damon with wide eyes, not sure what to make of her new ability, but she felt powerful, she felt strong. With three long strides she closed the gap between Damon and herself, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down to her level, pressing her lips against his roughly. Damon grabbed her hips and pulled her body into his, he let his hands slide to the back of her legs, he lifted her up and supported her weight on his arms without breaking their passionate kiss. Emma let her hands run through Damon's hair and then wrapped her arms around his neck, making sure he couldn't let go of her.

Damon sped them upstairs and threw Emma onto their bed before he ripped his shirt off and came after her. As he crawled his way to her, he began kissing her stomach and up to her breast before gently kissing the nape of her neck. Emma let out a soft moan as Damon grabbed her hips and pinned her to the bed slightly as he ground into her. He pulled her shirt up and over her head before tossing it carelessly across the room, he unclasped Emma's bra and did the same.

Neither of them noticed the flames in Damon's fireplace growing as Emma became unhinged. She guided Damon off of her and straddled his lap, taking over. She kissed along his jawline and down his chest before undoing his pants button and then undoing her own, she was ready to feel him. Damon fought against his need for control as Emma lowered herself onto him. For once he was glad for his self control, the feeling of her around his member was exhilarating. Damon held her close as she moved her hips back and forth, letting out soft pants as she moved. He let the moment take him and enjoyed watching her move against him. It wasn't long before he was ready to take back control, he quickly flipped Emma onto her back and began moving inside of her, each thrust making her let out a sharp gasp of pleasure.

Damon almost let out a growl as he released inside of her, he forced himself to continue for a moment as he used his thumb to rub gently against Emma's clit, finally tipping her over the edge.