Part 11

"Emma," Stefan called out as he entered the library.

Emma turned her head from the book she was reading, "Yea?"

"We have a problem."

"Since when is that new?" Emma looked back down at the book she had gotten invested into.

"Connor escaped."

Emma finally closed the book and paid attention to what Stefan had to say, "Okay, I can see how that is problem."

"Klaus wants him kept alive."

"Okay, so let's get hunting, start at his trailer."

"I already know where he is," Stefan explained, "he is holding hostages over at the Grill."

"Son of a bitch," Emma sighed.

"Everyone is meeting at the Lockwood's, let's go."

Emma stood up and grabbed her jacket before heading out the door with Stefan and driving over to the Lockwood mansion. Inside Damon, Elena, Tyler, and Caroline were already waiting for them.

Emma stepped up to Damon cautiously, "Hey."

Damon understood her caution and wrapped an arm around her to show her that he was still there.

"Where in the hell have you been?" He demanded from his brother.

"No one else thought to grab the most powerful person we have on our side, so I did," Stefan crossed his arms.

"So I'm going to rip Connor's heart out and feed it to him," Damon said angrily as he stepped away from Emma and took a step towards him brother.

"That's not a plan, we need to be careful. Connor has Jeremy and who knows how many other hostages," Stefan argued.

"Wait, Jeremy is caught up in this?" Emma started questioning keeping the hunter alive.

"Hence the open heart surgery," Damon smirked evilly.

"Damon's right, Connor's strong, but he's not going to be able to take all of us," Elena added her thoughts.

Emma rolled her eyes at the sound of the girl's voice.

Tyler crossed his arms, "I called in the hybrids to help too."

Caroline entered the room and smiled at Emma when she saw her, "My mom put squad cars blocking the streets; they're saying it's a faulty gas main. We're good to go."

"Great, no cops, no witnesses, no reason to wait around," Damon was becoming impatient.

"All right, hold on, you're not all going," Stefan tried to stall for more time by starting another argument.

Tyler was the first to argue back, "He shot me like nine times. If we're killing him, I want in."

"He's got Jeremy, I'm going," Elena glared at Stefan, daring him to argue against her.

Stefan tried another angle, "Listen, nobody is going anywhere until I figure out what we're walking into."

"Until you figure it out? Is that where you've been all morning? Out buying bossy pants?" Damon wasn't going down that easy.

"This guy is known for setting traps, right? We'd be pretty dumb to walk into one, especially if he has werewolf venom," Stefan was quick to point out their biggest problem.

"Does he?" Elena questioned.

"He had before," Stefan crossed his arms, ready to accept his win.

"We have Emma, literally only a couple of things can kill her," Damon started to argue but gave up, "fine, if you want to take some time to do recon, you get one hour; but we're gonna need some extra help. So, where the hell's the Wicked Witch of the West?"