48🔨

We have been married a month now and time is just flying by that's for sure

I am working on the stuff Whit wants to be done to the house even though she's just renting it from Chesney.

I can't stop thinking about all of the naughty things that Chesney does to me.

Whit wanted a room built on to the old bedroom so that it's new and she won't be thinking of Hazel dying in there which I don't blame her.

I was busy putting up sheet rock when someone knocked on the door.

I stepped up the hallway and hollered. "Come in!"

Clay walked in waving. "It's just me. I stopped by the venue and Dwight sent me with food for you and I just wanted to see how it's going."

"Well, thanks for the food. I am hoping she likes the way this room is looking and can sleep in it."

"I hope she doesn't." He laughed.

"Why are you saying that?"

"Because I want to propose to her and have her move in with me."

"Well makes sense. So have you picked out a ring yet?"

"No, not yet but I hope to soon. I am not sure what she likes."

"Ask Chesney she will know for sure."

"Good idea. I will ask her the next time I see her. Now come to the kitchen to eat." He smiled.

Dwight makes some of the best sandwiches and he has even been trying to perfect baby food so when Sadie gets older and can eat it.

We eat our burger and fries and then I needed to get back to work.

"I am done for the day want some help?" Clay asked.

"I will never turn down help and it's weird being in this bedroom if I'm telling the truth. Every time I hear a noise I think it's your mom" I laugh.

"If she came back from somewhere it would be hell and she wouldn't be nice to us."

"She was always nice to me Clay."

"Yeah everyone but her kids. Has Chesney read anymore on that journal?"

"Not in a while but whenever she does she gets upset or mad."

"Probably should throw it away." He shrugged.

"She wants to know if your mom ever changed when she was pregnant with you or if it was all an act."

"Stone I have never said this to anyone but Chesney and I know she's told you how she shielded me from beatings but one time it was so bad I thought Chesney was going to die and leave me with her."

I just shook my head holding the sheetrock.

"I went to the school nurse and lied to get ointment for her because I thought it would make her better."

"That was sweet of you to do."

"Looking back on it now I believe she broke Chesney's ribs."

"You guys went through pure hell and while your dad was alive she didn't do it?"

"She would smack us sometimes when he wasn't around but nothing like after he died. She acted as if we killed him. I mean he was on his way home with dinner."

"But it wasn't your fault you were kids Clay. Speaking of kids where in the hell do you get all of those bunnies from?"

He laughed. "I have a supplier that brings nicknacks to the store that people buy that are passing through and I told him I want every bunny he can find because by the time Sadie gets old enough to know what a bunny is she will have a bunch of them."

"Well, then I need to build more shelves." I laugh.

We finished up for the day and I told him to come on to the house I would order some Italian food and to invite Whit.

When we got home Chesney was pulling in with Whit behind her.

I walked over to her car and got Sadie out of her car seat who was asleep.

I kissed Chesney on the lips and everyone followed me inside.

I took Sadie out of the car seat and put her in the bassinet and she begin crying.

"Let me go feed her and when I get done with her the food will be here." Chesney smiled.

She went into the living room and grabbed the bunny blanket to cover herself.

I fed Cotton and he was rubbing all over my legs so I scratched his head when the doorbell rang.

Clay went to get the food and by the time we got it spread out Chesney had burped Sadie and put her down for a nap before Uncle Clay wakes her up.

"So how is the house coming along?" Whit asked.

"It's getting there. I had some help today."

Chesney looks at me weirdly. "Who?"

Clay laughed. "Me silly. I took him lunch and helped him hang some drywall."

"Will you be able to sleep in that room Clay?" Chesney laughed.

"I don't know about all of that." He grimaced.

"Well, I am trying to make it look different," I said twirling my spaghetti.

"Thanks for dinner this is nice." Whit smiled.

"It's no problem we enjoy the company." Chesney smiled.

Sadie started crying so I got up and got her so Chesney could finish her food.

I carried her to the kitchen and held her while trying to eat.

"She has been cranky today. Maybe she has gas." Chesney said.

"I think she hears us talking and wants to be a part of it." Clay laughed reaching for her.

"Do you have a bunny in your pocket?" I laughed handing her over.

"As a matter of fact, I do. I always have a bunny for my little bunny." He kissed her head.

I looked over at Whit and she looked like a woman in love who liked what she was seeing and as Chesney says I bet her ovaries are singing.

I helped Chesney clean up the kitchen and then we joined them in the living room.