55💍

Things in the wedding business were booming that's for sure

Things in the wedding business were booming that's for sure. We were having weddings not only on weekends but some weekdays and now that Whit is further along it's taking a lot out of her so Mindy volunteered to come and help and she has been a godsend that's for sure.

We decided to surprise Whit with a baby shower at the house where she would have no idea.

She had a doctor's appointment today so that gave us time to get everything ready.

When I got home Clay was already there with Stone and his parents.

I am hoping that some of her family shows up for her because she doesn't talk about them much.

Mindy is here with Turner and it's nice to see him happy.

Sadie runs over to me when I walk into the kitchen and wraps her little arms around my leg.

I pick her up and kiss her cheek. "Are you being good?"

She shakes her head yes and giggles. She is as rotten as they come and she knows how to get her way with everyone.

I can't wait to see her reaction when Gunner makes it into the world.

The doorbell rings and when I opened it Whit is standing there confused.

"Clay told me to come here. Are we having a get-together?"

"You know we are. Get in here so we can eat because we are starving." I laughed closing the door.

"Where is everyone at?" She asked.

"Out back of course. Head on out there." I smiled grabbing a sippy cup for Sadie.

When she opened the door everyone yelled surprise and she jumped and then giggled. "I knew something was going on!"

"Surprise it's your baby shower babe!" Clay laughed.

"You guys are something else and I am so excited."

A little while later while we were all gathered around to eat the doorbell went off and Stone went to get it and when he came back Whit's mom and sister walked through.

I was so glad to see them because she really wants them a part of Gunner's life.

We enjoyed the food and laughed and played a few games and then it was time to open the gifts and she got so many blue items but I had to be the oddball and get green things.

Whit laughed and cried at her items but she laughed the most when Stone handed her a small figurine of mike and sully from monsters inc.

"You are going to bring all you can find aren't you?" Clay laughed.

"Just maybe." Stone laughed.

They helped carry all her things out to Clay's truck while Bonnie helps me to gather up the food so people can take some with them.

Once everyone left I chased Sadie into her room giggling and laid out some clothes so she could take a bath.

I put some bubbles in the water and a few toys as I sit on the floor in front of the tub and watched her splash.

Stone came in looking for us and laughed when he saw the bubbles on her head.

"How are my girls?"

"We are good just getting her good and tired so when she lays down with her bottle she will go right to sleep."

"I could use a bottle and go right to sleep as well." He laughed.

"Not in front of Sadie!" I smirked.

Cotton walked into the room and curled up in my lap and Sadie giggled saying "Cat."

"She loves him and I am pretty sure that he loves her too."

"For the most part Stone." I laughed.

We got her rinsed off and changed for the night. I went to make her bottle while Stone rocked and sang to her.

When I walked back in Sadie was almost asleep so Stone said he would stay with her.

I leaned down and kissed her forehead before heading to our room and to get ready for bed.

I put my pj's on and opened my nightstand drawer for some lotion and noticed the journal and thought I would try and read a little bit.

I took a deep breath and opened it and for the most part, it was just how to keep my dad interested.

I read through some of it and that's when I saw that she was pregnant with Clay. She clearly wasn't happy about it and plotted ways to kill the baby.

I didn't think anything could shock me until I read that she fell down the stairs to try and kill it and was upset to learn that she didn't.

I placed my hand over my mouth and cried just thinking about it. It's a wonder that she didn't kill us after dad died.

I read a little bit more about when she gave birth and she was hoping she could sell us but she knew that she would lose dad.

I read on a little bit more and then skipped to when dad died and she had talked about her boyfriend she had for years and she wanted to marry him but knew she wouldn't get dad's life insurance policy.

I couldn't bring myself to read anymore and before I knew it I was off the bed and heading outside with the book. I stopped and got a lighter on the way going out to our fire pit and set the journal on fire.

When Stone walked out he looked funny. "Ches are you ok?"

"I will be after I get this journal out of my life." I cried.

He walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around me hugging me tightly.

"I won't even ask what was in that book because it always makes you upset and it's worse than the time before."

"Oh I didn't think it could get worse but it most definitely did. I am glad she is out of my life and that Sadie will never know her."

"I can agree with you on that. Come on let's go inside and get some sleep Ches."