Shakespeare & Secret Rooms

Cordelia and I giggle quietly and I take her coffee and pour it out. I go in the room to grab my book and Xandra is already knocked out again. She must be really tired , I slip back out and sit down on couch. Cordelia comes back with a book in her hand as well.

"Romeo and Juliet?" I ask somewhat rhetorically,"yeah, I love Shakespeare. I know that sounds corny but I really do" she says shyly. "No... it doesn't. I love Shakespeare too, I think some people just find it difficult to read" I say. "Exactly, but It's not too hard once you've read enough of his works" she replies.

I nod and she looks at my book, "Hamlet" she states. "Yep, it's one of my favorites" I say happily, "me too" she replies with a smile. Her eyes seem to almost sparkle with joy, I can't help but to be happy around her.

We both start reading our books silently, I'm just enjoying the company of her. I can practically feel the energy radiating off her and it's amazing. After about half an hour reading she speaks up as I'm flipping the page. "Oh I almost forgot" she says turning towards me.

I put my bookmark on the page and close my book giving her my full attention. It's like she almost commands it and I'd feel disrespectful if I disobeyed. "You never did say what you meant earlier, because we got interrupted" she says jokingly.

I had to think for a moment before I remembered what we were talking about. "Right..." I say thinking of what to tell her, I mean there's no harm in honesty. "Well we were talking about a sort of... talent of mine. And she showed me your picture and asked what I thought you were like. They were honestly just guesses" I say quietly.

That one thought kept replaying in my head, I tried to push it away but it wouldn't go. It was on a continuous cycle at the front of my brain. "Hmm sounds interesting" she said thoughtfully, I was more than confused. I was perplexed. "I guess, I honestly think it's bullshit but Xandra seemed pretty interested" I shrug.

She just nods slowly, what is up with them and this nodding? I think. "So she really didn't tell you anything about me?" Cordelia asked. She didn't sound offended she sounded more... amused than anything. "Nope" I say simply, "well do you wanna know about me?" She asks.

"Not really" I reply sarcastically, she playfully hits my arm. "Well, I'm a twin which you probably know a-" I cut her off, "sorry for cutting you off but... you're a twin?!" I asked surprised. "Yeah... me and Xandra. She didn't tell you?" She asks confused.

My jaw literally drops in shock how the fuck didn't I know that I think. "By the look on your face I'm guessing the answer's no" she chuckles. "I need to process this but please continue" I said. "Ok umm... I'm bisexual, my favorite color is black believe it or not" she says gesturing to her white dress.

I chuckle and look at her to continue.
"I prefer tea over coffee, I love the rain, long walks on the beach..." she trails off thinking. "This is starting to sound like a tinder bio" I say jokingly. She rolls her eyes playfully exactly how Xandra does and I laugh.

"I like reading, my favorite season is fall cause it's not to cold but not too hot. And... well I don't really know what else there is, I feel like I've talked a lot" she says nervously. "No I enjoyed listening, fall is really perfect, it's my favorite season too" I say.

She smiles, "Xandra likes summer" she says. "Cause she can wear bikinis" we say at the same time and laugh hysterically. "You guys are really different" I say matter of factly though I didn't mean to sound arrogant. "Yeah... we are. Our mom used to call us fire and ice" she says like she's reminiscing.

Shortly after we go back to reading our books until we're tired of it.
"Wanna go look around downstairs?" She asks excitedly. I nod and go put on shoes so we can head down. We leave Xandra a note just in case she wakes up when we're gone.

We take the elevator down and once we're on the ground floor we start walking around. After only a few minutes Xandra appears, I didn't even hear her walk up. "So you guys just left me?" She asks and makes me jump, I didn't know she was behind me.

Cordelia, not phased at all, calmly turns around. "We left a note, it's not like we went far" she says almost mockingly. Xandra dismisses Cordelia's comment and turns to me. "So you just run off with strangers     y/n?" She asks accusingly. "It's your sister" I say firmly, "but a relative stranger to you" she counters.

I roll my eyes and start walking again, what is up with her?, she's being so weird. I can sense they're not following me because I hear whispering getting farther away. I stop at a set of fancy double doors and curiously push one open.

It's locked but while they're not looking I take a bobby pin out and pick it. It clicks open after a few seconds and I slip into the dark room. I turn on the flashlight on my phone to find the light switch. I flip it on and it looks like and old ballroom, there's dust and boxes everywhere.