Dedication & Brilliance

"So where should we start?" Cordelia asked sitting down and crossing her legs. Her presence suddenly seemed intimidating almost menacing. I shuddered at the feeling and her head turned towards me. She reached her hand towards me but before she could get closer and I could move Xandra spoke.

"Don't touch her" she said and Cordelia retracted her hand. Xandra stood pacing around in circles with a hand on her chin. "She burned my fucking curtains" she says pointing at the curtains. "I said I was sorry" I said quietly,"come on Xan, she apologized" Cordelia said. But it sounded less genuine and like she was mocking me.

"It's not your fault honey" Xandra says to me softly then turns back to Cordelia. "This is YOUR fault, if you would've just listened to me this wouldn't have happened. I can literally feel the stress radiating off her" Xandra says angrily. "You never listen to me, and I'm the oldest" Cordelia says smugly.

"Delia we're the same fucking age!" Xandra yells like they've had this discussion a million times. "Your birthday is a day after mine" Cordelia continues her teasing. I can see Xandra getting angrier and angrier by the second. "Because- you know what I'm not having to his argument again. Our current situation is more important" Xandra says.

"I think you should calm down X, don't wanna set the butler on fire" Cordelia says. I'm so confused right now, that went so far over my head. All of a sudden I hear muffled screams and look over to see Cordelia's mouth is gone. "That's better. Now you can actually listen instead of talking so damn much" Xandra says.

She takes a deep breath and I watch the fire leave her eyes. She's amazing I think, she's literally like a fucking superhero. "Damn right I am" she says smiling at me, I softly smile back at her. "Now back to you" she says turning to Cordelia looking serious again. "Do not contact her, at all, I honestly don't care. If she needs you she's allowed to contact you, I can't make decisions for her" she smiled at me and I shyly smiled back.

"But under no circumstances, and I mean NONE are you to try to talk to her other than that. I'll inform her of everything she needs to know" she says and then puts her mouth back.
"Do you understand?" She asks and Cordelia rolls her eyes. "You haven't  been to the academy in years, how are you even going to effectively teach her?" she asks challengingly.

"You think you're so much better than me because you took after 'mommy'" Xandra states mockingly. That obviously pissed Cordelia off. "At least she raised one child with a sense of responsibility" Cordelia spat. "Fiona was terrible; at being a mother, a supreme, she wasn't even a decent human being Delia!"

"You shouldn't speak of the deceased that way Xan, have some respect" Cordelia says standing up. "You only defend her because she apologized on her death bed. She did that for her own benefit not yours, you thinks she meant that?! Are you stupid Delia, god I thought she was lying about how gullible you were all this time. She only did that so you could do exactly what you're doing now, defending her honor. How do you let a woman manipulate you from the grave?" She asks angrily.

I'm just looking back and forwards between the two of them in shock. I have absolutely nothing to say and even I did I wouldn't dare utter a word. Xandra looks over to me a unclenches her fists taking a deep breath. "Get out Delia" she says calmly, Cordelia crosses her arms and plants her feet. "Cordelia I'm only going to ask once" Xandra says scarily calm again.

Cordelia shrugs her shoulders and Xandra closed her eyes. "Xandra..." Cordelia says sadly, "please stop" she says with tears in her eyes. What is she doing? "Fine I'll go" Cordelia says and walks away. We watch her grab her things and disappear into thin air. "I'm sorry about that" Xandrs says finally sitting back down. "I'm sorry about what I said, you were right" I say.

"It's ok, Delia tends to have that effect on people I'm a little more... abrasive so I get it" she says sadly. "That's not it... I just was hurt that you didn't tell me. But I understand why now, it makes sense" I say reassuringly. She smiles sadly and I reach out my arms for a hug. She chuckles and pulls me into her body wrapping her arms around me. I return the embrace and nuzzle my head in her chest.

I can hear her heart beating softly and it's so soothing, I've never actually listened to it before. I close my eyes and just melt into her, inhaling her scent and listening to her heart. I open my eyes and I'm staring at the window in my room. I smell something good coming through the vents so I get up and make my way downstairs. Xandra is in the kitchen bopping her head to music I can't hear.

"Hey kiddo" she says turning around to look at me. "I told you not to call me that" I responded playfully. "You told me not to call you kid, that's not the same as kiddo" she says jokingly. "I guess you're right, that one's cuter" I say rolling my eyes. She chuckles and gestures for me to sit at the dining table. She soon comes over with the food and we start to eat. "You had a lesson early this morning didn't you? Before I woke up?" She asked and I nodded since I had food in my mouth.

"I figured when you fell asleep on my chest after like 5 seconds of being still" she laughed. "Whatever" I said putting another bite of food in my mouth. "Where's Larry?" I asked after I swallowed, she put her fork down.
"Uhhh Larry's been cheating on me" she basically blurts out. "Oh my god" I say surprised, "oh my god" I say louder. I realize that she must've known the entire time since she could read minds.

"How long?" I ask cautiously, "a year and half" she says calmly. I guess she's had plenty of time to deal with it and think about it. "How long of you been together?" I ask to follow up, "2 years" she says with a sigh, jesus christ.
"So..." I say still not fully understanding why he's not here. "That night you ummm heard us having sex... I only did that so I'd have an excuse" she says not elaborating further.

"I'm confused" I admit feeling lost, "he doesn't want kids, I told him I got pregnant that night. He of course told me to abort it and I refused and since it's my house I kicked him out for it" she says plainly. "So you lied?" I asked just as plainly, "essentially... yes" she replies and I start laughing.

"Dedication and brilliance" I say simply and she rolls her eyes playfully.