Falling to Pieces

The seven wonders are coming up soon and I don't know whether to be extremely excited or extremely worried. I think I'm an unhealthy mixture of both. I've been working endlessly on this potion in my free time to make sure Xandra and Delia don't fade. As I'm looking for one of the ingredients, which happens to be on the top shelf unfortunately, I hear the door to the greenhouse creak open. I turn around to be met with Delia and Xandra, I smile widely at them before pointing to the top shelf. Delia giggles and comes over wrapping her arms around my torso and pulling me in to a tight hug. 

Xandra joins in and they sway back and forth as I inhale their different scents. "Honey we need to talk to you for a bit" Delia says gently guiding me over to a stool. Xandra sits next to her so I sit on the opposite side of the table. "What's up?" I say eager to get back to finishing the potion since I'm only a few ingredients away. Delia looks at Xandra worriedly which causes my smile to fade and Xandra sighs before looking back to me. "You can't save us" she says plainly and I try my hardest to hold in my laugh, "of course I can. Wasn't it you that told me I can do anything I put my mind to?" I say funnily, and she chuckles before returning to a serious state. 

"That's not what she means. I'm sure the potion will work but that's only supposed to be in drastic cases when there is no sign of another witch coming into fruition" Delia says which makes me furrow my eyebrows. "What she means is that the current supreme fades when another witch rises. However, sometimes a supreme begins to fade when it is simply their time but there may not be a witch ready to take her place. This potion was created to prolong a supreme's life but only so the coven wouldn't be left without a leader" Xan explains. "So you're saying you don't want to be saved" I say questioningly and they both nod.

"It's just the way things are, love. When we were given this gift it signified that we'd never really have a 'normal' life. Especially given the circumstances being that there are two of us, it's even more abnormal" Delia chuckles. "W-what am I supposed to do without you? You can't just leave me here" I say beginning to cry. "Oh baby... we'll always be with you and besides you'll get on amazing without us. You'll live and see all kinds of things and we'll be right there with you" Delia reassures me as they get up to embrace me. 

time skip 2 weeks

As the time came closer and closer I watched as they got weaker and they wouldn't let me fix it in the only way I know how. At first it was incredibly frustrating but eventually I realised I should make the most of the time I have left with them. Eventually the time came and went and I rose as supreme which was quite the bittersweet moment for me. I began to dive head first into all the things that needed to be done at the academy, often just trying to keep my mind of Delia and Xandra who plagues my thoughts at every second. Especially in idle moments I would find myself reliving memories like when we took that walk through a field of my favourite flowers. 

After I'd finished everything humanly possible to do in one day I made dinner and retired to my room, too exhausted to bother eating. I took a shower and slipped on an oversized t-shirt before getting into bed, it still doesn't feel right to me to be sleeping in this room. I hugged one of the fluffiest pillows in hopes of not feeling alone. Of course it didn't work and it was cold, making me remember how warm they both were. Tears started rapidly falling from my eyes, even if I had the strength I couldn't control them, it's like this every night. No matter how hard I try to keep myself busy during the day, the nights are always filled with memories of them and how amazing our life together was.

I buried my face into the pillow and screamed, trying to rid myself of some frustration and confusion but alas that didn't help either. My cries softened but the pain never seems to leave with them. I can't see what everyone else does, saying that the hurt will go away or become manageable. How am I supposed to live without them?