The Morning After

I wake up with the most excruciating headache I've ever had, it feels like my head is seconds away from total combustion. I carefully stand to my feet and start walking to my bathroom until I bump into something and fall to the ground. "I do not remember putting that there" I mumble to myself, "because you didn't" a voice says and it takes me a moment to collect my bearings and clear my vision. Sitting up in the bed with a mug and a book is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Like a fiery goddess. "Uhhh good morning" I say questioningly, I'm trying to remember how the hell I even got here in the first place.

I went out last night after getting to Sam's place and then I got shitfaced, of course. I vaguely remember meeting a woman and now I'm here, so she must be the woman I met at the bar. Did we have sex? "We didn't have sex" she says and my head darts in her direction, are you a witch? I look at her skeptically, but she just returns a confused look and I relax, just a coincidence. "I don't remember leaving the bar can you fill me in?" I ask nicely and she puts down her book and pats the space next to her. I sit down and as she begins to explain it starts flooding back piece by piece.

*last night*

This woman can literally make anything sound interesting. We are literally just talking about different flavors of chicken wings. I can't speak for her but I am way past drunk right now but I just know she won't let anything happen to me. I think she feels the spark too, I put my hand on hers and her eyes flew up to mine with a look of confusion. Eventually she closed her tab and paid for our drinks before helping me out the bar and into the car. I don't know where we're going and I'm not going to ask either because I trust her.

We arrive at some fancy ass house, and she once again helps me out the car because at this point I can't properly walk on my own. I manage to get myself upstairs as she walks behind me to ensure I don't fall, she shows me to a room, and I just stand there staring at it. "What is it?" she asks quietly, "you're going to make me sleep alone?" I ask sadly, she looks conflicted but shakes her head. She motions for me to follow her to another bedroom close by, she opens up the door and instructs me to lie down on the bed. 

I oblige and soon after I fall asleep

*present*

"Gosh I'm sorry" I say embarrassed, and she just shrugged her shoulders like it's no big deal. "Do you want a ride home?" she asks, "it's really not necessary" I say thinking of just transmutating because public transportation does not sound fun right now. "That's not what I asked you" she said sternly but with a certain softness underlying. Before I could even respond she was on her feet again and grabbing shoes and her keys off the dresser. I just sat there for a moment watching her, "are you going to sit there forever?" she asks and I spring forward and follow her down the stairs. 

"Shit do you have my phone?" I ask feeling around in my pockets but not sensing it. "Language. I believe it's in the car" she says and I feel like I've been scolded but I'm also turned on. I really need to get from around this woman. We get in the car and I look for it and find it under the seat, I still have like 15% battery so I open it up to check the numerous messages I can see on the screen. I just skip the ones from Xandra and Delia and go to the ones Sam sent. 

Uhhh are you coming back anytime soon?

Ok I take that as a no

I'm leaving for work so I'll leave breakfast in case you come back soon

I stopped by on my lunch break and you weren't home are you ok?

Also, two women stopped by too... said they need to talk to you?

Is that them? well anyways I told them you weren't home but come back soon or at least text me

Holy shit its 4pm that's fucking crazy, I text Sam letting her know I'm on my way and she told me a description of the women. I let her know that, that's them and if they come back again to act like I'm not there or tell them I don't wanna talk. This entire time I've been so caught up in my phone that I completely ignored this woman, what the fuck is her name?  "This is so humiliating but what's your name?" I ask her and she smiles a little as if she's been waiting on me to ask her that. "Wilhemina" she says and I nod, that doesn't ring any bells but whatever. "My name's-" "Y/n, I remember very well" she says teasingly making me cross my legs. 

She pulls up outside of the apartment building and turns to me reaching her hand out. I think for a moment and hesitantly hand her my phone and she smirks before putting her number in. She picked up her phone directly after and then handed mine back to me. I try not to get trapped in her presence again so I quickly exit the car and wave goodbye before closing the door. "See you later" she says sweetly, and I smile, I get up to the apartment and open the door sighing contently. Even though I couldn't remember some parts, I actually had a great time last night.

I open my eyes to see Sam in the hallway biting her fingernails looking between me and the couch. I follow her line of sight and let out a deeper sigh, a lot less content that the first. 'I'm sorry' Sam mouths before leaving the room and I nod knowing there's really nothing she could've done anyway. "Cordelia, Xandra" I said as I sat down in a chair across from the couch they were on. I decided to just get comfortable seeing as this would probably be a while.