Happily Ever After

CW: slight mention of death

time skip 5 years

Living without Delia and Xandra hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be. The first two years were hell because i just didn't know what to do with myself. I finally understood though, how they felt and what it all really means. Turns out I was the next supreme which was bittersweet because I couldn't help feeling like I was the reason they're dead. After I came to the conclusion that it's just the circle of life things got much easier for me. I did push away my feelings and put the coven first but eventually the girls convinced me to go to a therapist and I got things sorted. I still have tough days when I miss them like hell but I often dream of them, so it hasn't been as bad. 

Mina has been keeping me company actually, I decided not to look for another partner because asking for what I had with Xandra and Delia twice in a lifetime, feels selfish. I've been feeling off recently and today is the day I found out exactly why, I've been occupying myself extensively because I knew the seven wonders were coming around. Naturally it's been a tough time so I haven't really been focusing on myself much and have been putting everything I have into the academy. It started with fatigue which seemed normal given the extensive hours I've been working but then it became excessive. I started to feel nauseous and that's when I realised something was really wrong because I was having symptoms of illness and supremes don't get sick. 

Soon enough I was forced to be exactly where I am now, in the bed. A nice girl named Mabel ended up being the next supreme which isn't surprising given her amazing abilities. I feel comfortable leaving the coven in her hands. The girls surrounded my bed after I alerted them that my time is close. "Don't cry" I said as Zoe sat next to me, I grabbed her hand and squeezed it as best i could. "We're going to miss you so much" Queenie said, "I'll miss ya'll too" I say sincerely as I weakly smiled. "I love you and I know Delia and Xandra are proud. Tell Delia I said she's still a bitch" Madison joked and gave me a hug. Her words brought tears to my eyes, mostly because she's not typically a sentimental person. 

Mina opened the door slightly to bring me a cup of water and I nodded for the girls to give us a minute to say goodbye. She opened the door fully and they filed out quietly closing the door behind them. "Hey" she said sadly, "hi" I replied and she laid down next to me and held my hand. "It's time" I whispered, "I know" she said as she stroked my hair soothingly. "Thank you for being with me every step of the way. Even when I was an unbearable bitch" I chuckled before my body shook from my coughing. "Grief isn't pretty sometimes... most times it's the complete opposite. I was happy to help you because I knew on the other side of that was the amazing woman I've always known. I'm so proud of you" she whispered as tears filled her eyes.

I slowly reached my hand up and wiped a single tear from her eye. "You know this reminds me of that one SpongeBob scene from the movie where they're under the heat lamp. They end up fully drying out but they're tears form together into a heart and make the cord short-circuit..." I smile. "Then the smoke activates the sprinkler system and all the animals come back to life" she giggles, "something so small can make such a big impact" I whisper. "Meeting a girl in a bar led to the best years of my life" she recalls happily, "whatever" I roll my eyes. "Tell Delia and Xandra I said hi" she says, "if I see them I'll let them know" I chuckle.

"You will. They never left you" she whispers, "are you a witch too now?" I ask funnily as tears fill my eyes. "Guess we'll never know" she jokes before giving me a kiss on the forehead, "I love you y/n. I know you're exhausted... sleep. I'll be right here" she says pulling my head to her chest and stroking my hair. The last thing I remember is her sniffles being covered by humming and then everything went black.

the afterlife

I opened my eyes and find myself laying in a field of dandelions and pink bluebells. I sat up and looked around at the endless field and heard the buzzing of bees nearby. I've never been much of a nature person but this is calming somehow. I rose myself up after picking a flower, I brought it to my nose and inhaled to take in it's scent. I began to hear something, I wouldn't describe it as a voice more like a slight humming noise. It did feel a bit odd to be following it but it's not like I had much else to do. I walked along the field taking in my surroundings which aren't much expect for some mountains in the distance. I continued to follow the sound and I watched as the sun began to set. 

As the sky morphed into hues of orange and purple the noise increased in volume. Around the bend of trees I came upon I saw a bright pink almost white colored light. I picked up my pace until I came to a portal that just appeared out of thin air. As I stared at it I felt myself being pulled to enter but I was still unsure. I heard rustling and all of a sudden something darted out of the light coming straight towards me. As I studied the creature I realised just who it was as they jumped on me. "Jorge" I exclaimed excitedly, he licked my hand and ran circles round me before hopping back into my arms. I stood up and looked back to the light, we've been waiting for you he says, who? I asked him.

Before he could respond the light started shifting and the silhouette of two figures could be seen exiting in my direction. Before I could even seen their faces I knew by the shape who they were and I started sprinting towards them. I jumped up and they caught me in their arms and looked down smiling widely at me. "I can't believe it's you" I said crying happily, they set me down but immediately wrapped their arms back around me. "Believe it" Xandra says funnily, "I told you we'd always be with you, no matter what darling" Delia says. "By the way... did you understand the meaning?" Xandra asks, "of what?" I ask confused. "The flowers" Delia explained and I shook my head, "I told you" Xandra giggled.

"Whattt? I wanna know" I pouted, Delia kissed my forehead giggling at my impatience. "Well we got to create this little transition world for you and I thought I might add a little personal touch to it. You know I love plants and flowers, especially researching the meanings of them. So I put the pink bluebells for everlasting love..." she said biting her lip and I smiled as I teared up again. "What about the dandelions?" I asked curiously and Xandra smirked, "She came up with that one, I actually didn't even know" Delia says. I turn to Xandra who is starting to blush, "tell me" I softly demand. "the 3 phases of a dandelion represent the sun, moon, and the stars. The yellow for the sun, the white for the moon, and the flying seeds are the stars" she says. 

"You guys are so cheesy" I joke and Xandra rolls her eyes of course, "I love you guys" I say looking at them full of joy. "Come on... let's go home" Delia says, I pick up Jorge and we walk off into the light together. I don't know where we're headed or what the journey will be like but as long as I have them, I know anything is possible.

A/N

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read all this and I really hope you enjoyed it, I definitely had a hard time ending it but it's long af this is actually the longest story I've ever written and I got the last few ideas from my best friend so blame her if you don't like the ending lmao

Thank you again and I hope you all have a good day/evening <3