Whoopsie Daisy

The girls have returned and life is commencing as usual. Jorge has been such a good boy, sometimes he sits in on classes and we've had to talk about him distracting me. Other than that he's been amazing and all the girls love him because he's so chill and he'll walk up to them and sit in their laps for cuddles. He's the cutest thing I've ever seen, don't tell him I said that though cause he hates when I call him cute. He prefers handsome apparently since he's growing more every day. I had hella work to do today since I offered to cover Cordelia because her and Xandra are going out ro a meeting today.

Jorge was being restless, so I let him outside to run around. The bigger he gets the more time he wants to spend outside which I understand so I just let him do his thing. I installed a doggy door in the back of the house so he can come in and out as he pleases. I was swamped in paperwork when someone knocked on the door, I'm in Delia's office seeing as I don't need one, so I just used hers to keep everything in place. "Come in" I said softly as I types the last few words on a document to give the person my full attention. "Uhhh y/n" Zoe says nervously, I love Zoe she's literally the sweetest.

"Benson!" I said, "I was sent to tell you to come outside right away" she says still nervous. "Ok..." I say trying to figure out why she's so tense. She just goes upstairs and leaves me standing there, something must be really wrong if Zoe is that worried about it. I quickly head outside to see my girlfriends standing by the car talking, I smile to myself thinking that they might be surprising me and Zoe just didn't want to give it away. I love that girl, but she does talk a lot. I walk up to them and once they see me, I see their faces drop, I walk a bit slower and look at them confused. "Y/n we're really sorry" Delia says on the verge of tears, "What is it?" I ask and they remain silent. "Xandra tell me" I say, she tends to not sugarcoat things but even she seems speechless.

"Just look" she says pointing behind the car, I walk over and trust me it was definitely a surprise just not the good one. George laid there with tire marks on him and I could see he wasn't breathing and I tried to talk to him but he didn't respond. I hoped this was a joke but I knew it wasn't because they would never do something like that. I just looked away with a blank face, I didn't know whether to be angry or sad. Angry and sad, an unhealthy mix. Who am I even supposed to be mad at? I looked at them and averted my eyes to the ground, I could see Delia looking at me sympathetically with tears in her eyes like she wanted to hug me. "I'm gonna take the day"  say breaking the silence and transmutating before they can respond.

I pack some things and call my friend, Sam, who lives nearby. "What's up?" she says, "can I come stay with you for a while?" I ask. "Of course. Do you need a ride?" she asks worriedly, "no it's fine I'll be there soon" I say and we say our goodbyes and hang up. I zip up my suitcase and the door opens revealing a guilty looking Xandra and a sad Delia. "W-where are you going?" she asks shakily and I take a deep breath, "to stay with a friend" I reply. It's dead quiet, well maybe I shouldn't say that but it was really quiet. "I'm gonna go now I think" I say and Xandra nods while Delia starts to cry, I transmutate again to Sam's door and knock on it. She opens it and pulls me inside and to the couch, "are you ok? You look like someone just killed your dog" she says and I start sobbing.

She pulls me into her arms and rocks me slowly while whispering how it's going to be ok and I just try my hardest to calm my breathing. Once I'm done I take a deep breath, "they killed Jorge" I whisper. "Jorge?" she asks, Sam is the type of friend I don't talk to for months but then we just hit each other up like we've been speaking every day. I fill her in on everything that's been going on and once she's caught up she gives me a sad smile. "I'm sorry babe" she says and I shrug, "he's really dead" I voice out loud to just get the grieving process started I guess. "You can stay here as long as you need to" she says and I nod, "Hungry?" she asks and I shake my head. "Well I'll take your case to the room and you let me know if you need me ok?" she says and I just nod, I need some alone time. 

I pull out my phone to distract me only to see over 30 messages from them. 

My sun, I'm so sorry. I know it will take time but I really do hope you forgive me

Can you just check in every now and then so I know you're ok?

Baby I don't know how to make it up to you, but I'll do anything. If it means anything we tried really hard to save him

Darling I really wish I could've done more and I know you're trying to deal with it right now and I'm sorry you have to do that alone. We should've paid more attention and I just want you to know that it's not your fault

Honey I-

I had to stop reading because I was getting entirely too emotional. I'm not even that angry I just have to find a way to deal with this and I can't do that at the coven. There are too many people and too many responsibilities. I feel guilty for leaving them there, without me- well they are the supremes. I'm not going down this rabbit hole right now. "Sam I'm going out" I yell, and she says 'ok', I leave not really knowing my destination I just know I need to go. I just kept walking until I came to this bar, I walked in and looked around just taking in the energy of the crowd. There's something I can't place that's lingering here, it's not bad it just feels oddly familiar.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken?" I hear someone ask and as I turn around the feeling gets even stronger, but that could just be the alcohol. I let her sit and she calls the bartender over before asking what I'm drinking, "whatever you're drinking" I reply and she smirks ordering a double of what she has. This will surely be a long night...