Rooms on Fire

Xandra woke me up once we got home, I guess I slept the whole ride. I was fucking tired bro that session this morning tired me out. But it was useful because now I could passively block Xandra from my thoughts. At the least I could hide the ones I didn't want her to hear.

Cordelia told me not to hide all of them so wasn't suspicious. I got out the car and groggily grabbed my bags and waited for her at the front door.
I still felt exhausted even though I most likely slept enough. She unlocked the door and let me in but before I could retreat to my bed she called me. She motioned me over to the couch and sat down next to me like she wanted to talk.

"What's up?" I asked tiredly, I was trying to wake up. "You talked to her" she said, for some reason I wasn't tired anymore. "No I didn't" I lied, clearly she was not convinced. "Don't lie to me y/n" she retorted, "ok what if I did?" at this point I didn't care.
She'd lied to me about pretty much everything. "One of these days your problem with listening is going to get you in serious trouble. I told you specifically not to get attached" she stated.

"I didn't" I respond, again lying, how was I supposed to not get attached to her. Her energy was magnetic she is a literal sweetheart. "You're lying for her... to me" she said sounding really hurt. "So I have to notify you of every conversation I have?" I asked angrily. "With her... yes" she responded seriously, I have no idea what her problem is honestly. "That seems a tad dramatic don't you think?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"You Don't know my sister like I do" she says sounding almost worried. "That explains so much, thanks for that" I say sarcastically. "Don't get smart with me" she replies. "I really don't want to talk about this anymore" I say trying to get out of this conversation. "Don't block me out" she says sadly, "I'm not I just don't want to talk right now" I reply honestly.

"From your mind y/n, that's how I know you've talked to her. You wouldn't know how to do it otherwise" she says like she's been betrayed. "You know I think it's funny almost... how all you've been doing is telling me what to do. Maybe if you'd have told me the truth I would trust you" I say beginning to feel my anger rise, "maybe if you didn't lie to me and actually trusted me with it I would listen to you. At least Cordelia had the decency to give it to me straight. So you don't get to tell me what do and how to feel. I'm old enough to make my own decisions" I say standing up.

"Y/n I need you to relax" she says looking scared, "no! You don't get to tell me to relax" I said raising my voice. "Please y/n it's not safe" she says standing up calmly and walking towards me. "Get away from me!" I yell, she stops in her tracks and puts her hands up. "Y/n you're a new witch and it's really not good for you to feel such extreme emotions. Just please try to calm down" she says softly.

But for some reason it just makes me angrier and all of a sudden I feel like I'm boiling. "God damn It" Xandra said and reached her hand out behind me. I turn around and the base of the curtains are on fire. She's somehow throwing water on it to put it out, I get a little scared. "Did I do that?" I ask nervously, she just nods and sits down putting her head in her hands. I sit down next to her "shit" I say, "yeah, shit is right" she agrees. "Y/n I'm sorry for not telling you but I only did it to protect you" she says looking at me.

I'm still in shock so I decide to let her finish. "I knew I wouldn't be able to control your powers fully here. You have extremely intense powers that take very special conditions to be taught to control. That's why Cordelia and I were arguing, she was being optimistic saying I could do it. It's not that I'm not capable I mean we have plenty of safe, open space. We live in the middle of a fucking desert but it's so much more complicated than that" she says.

I finally think I understand why she didn't tell me in the first place. "That's why you didn't want to tell me anything about yourself" I state. She nods and takes a deep breath before continuing. "I knew this would happen but Cordelia just had to butt in as usual. Then leave me to deal with it, not that I wouldn't love to teach you. But with the intensity of your powers and only having my energy to work with isn't enough" she finishes.

I nod taking it all in, it's overwhelming but also reassuring. At least I'm in good hands and she knows what she's doing. "She's here" Xandra says out of the blue, "Cordelia?" I ask confused. "Yeah" she responds annoyed, "where?" I ask looking around. "She teleported to the front door, it's a twin witch thing I guess" she says. I follow her to front door and lo and behold, Cordelia was about to knock. "You do still have the sense" she says smiling.

Xandra steps aside so she can come in and Cordelia turns to me and smiles. I don't return it, "ah" she says and I know she knows. "Well let's get right to it then" she says taking off her coat and boots. It's hotter than hell outside and she's wearing a coat, but Xandra did say she teleported.