Can't Fight Destiny

Cordelia comes up with something since I freeze. "She was telling me how she's been feeling sick all day. I guess she passed out from all the pain" she says sympathetically. "Why didn't you tell me? I would've taken of work" Xandra says sadly. "Well it wasn't bad this morning I just wasn't feeling well. I didn't think it would be this much of a problem" I chuckle nervously. "You have to tell me things like this so I can take care of you baby" she said brushing hair out my face.

Cordelia's words began to flood my mind as soon as Xandra's skin came in contact with mine. Maybe she's wrong though... maybe I'll both their true loves. Since they're both the supreme but that'd be even trickier. I look at Cordelia and her expression is one of pain. Almost as twisted as I imagine mine to have been earlier. This really hurts her to see Xandra and I so close even when she knows it will end.

"Uhhh Xandra can you get me some tea please?" I ask with tired puppy eyes and she quickly obeys. Once it's just me and Cordelia in the room I take her hand in mine. "I'm so sorry" I say and she tilts her head before her eyebrows knit together. "That you have to watch... this" I say gesturing to the spot where Xandra stood. "It's ok. I'm used to it by now, plus it's not so bad. At least I get to see you now" she says happily.

"But it shouldn't be like that. I want everyone to be happy but I just don't know how to make that happen" I say sadly. "If I don't teach you anything else, remember this. You can never make everyone happy" she shrugs. I do t know if that makes my options seem easier or harder. "Don't worry about I too much. Destiny will take its sweet time if it wants to. You don't have to do anything, what will be will be" she says contently.

"How are you just so... cool about this?" I ask confused and she chuckles lightly. "Do you know how long I've watched you with Xandra? It's been months since we first met. I've had a lot of time to think about this. Besides I've learned that things don't always go according to plan" she shrugged. "Here's your tea my love" Xandra says as she enters the room and hands it to me. I know Cordelia said her telling me wouldn't change anything but I feel like it did.

My attraction hasn't necessarily changed but the connection has. I feel much more connected to Delia and I always want to be around her. So much so that I don't even want to be alone with Xandra. You feel it now don't you? I heard and I looked at Cordelia to see her checking something on her phone. I looked at Xandra and she was looking right back at me with an eyebrow raised. I nod towards her and she nods saying yes.

Feel what? I ask, the connection. I can practically see it like a strike of lightning between you she says. "Uh Delia could you leave us for a moment?" I ask and her head snaps up to me before she nods. She closes the door behind her and my gaze returns to Xandra. "What are you talking about?" I ask not trying to act ignorant but just curious. "I'm assuming she told you about the soulmate shit. It's similar to twin flames if you know what that is" she says calmly.

"Twin flames as in..." I was too stunned to even finish my sentence. "Two halves of one soul... yes" she finishes for me. "But what does that mean for..." I gesture between us. "I do love you and it hurts to know you're not really mine. But I'd never hold you back from something like this. I pretty much knew from the first moment she laid eyes on you. She had this spark in her eyes I'd never seen before..." she smiles thinking about it.

"Though she's destined for that path it's not guaranteed that you are as well. I mean it is but it doesn't mean that's the path you'll choose. Now that you know it does make it a lot easier. That's one of the reasons we were kind of at odds with each other. We never fully mesh because we're not meant for each other. Even though I wish we were" she finished. So the reason she didn't trust me and we kept bumping heads all comes back to this?

"The reason you never made it official... why we never had sex..." everything goes back to this? "Yes. In the end I knew I'd end up hurting you because that's just what has to happen. For you to find your soulmate you can't be head over heels for someone else. The only reason we even got as close as we did is because I'm her twin. Despite our many differences we're pretty similar biologically. But yeah... it all comes back to this" she shrugged.

"Makes sense why you didn't trust her around me" I giggle and she nods smiling. "Friends?" I say, "friends" she says giving me a kiss on the forehead. "You wanna know something? As my friend" she says and I chuckle. "When you called her 'star' and she came up with the nickname 'sun'? I knew then it would end soon" she says. "I do have thing for original nicknames" I chuckle and she nods. "You're really not mad?" I ask confused and she shakes her head.

"Can't be mad a destiny, not exactly something I can fight. Plus I've had time to prepare for this and I still love you. Being in your life in any capacity is a blessing. I am a little sad but I mean you can't exactly get away from me. You'll be dating my twin" she jokes and she has a point. "Well it's time I go home to get ready for work..." she sighs. "I think you should come back to the academy and help run it" I blurt out making her stop on her tracks.

"Why?" She asks surprised, "it's a long story..." I sigh and she sits next to me on the bed as I tell her.

A/N

Sorry I know I usually post a chapter a day but I got so distracted because I of course decided to start two new stories since every time I get writer's block for one I just pull an idea out my ass and start another one to give my brain sarahtonin so I'm not disappointed in myself lmao

Anyways here it is and if you have any suggestions feel free to dm me or put it in the comments because I have an idea where it's going but I could definitely add more

Alsooo if anyone's interested the stories I started are an Ally x OC and a Venny x OC I also saw this comment on another story today about pronouns and how some people feel left out since most fanfics have the reader as she/he soooo if you want me to integrate she/they of they/them into my stories (new ones or completed ones) I can definitely do that!

Anywhore if you read my little ramble just know this is a direct reflection of my brain and you are loved and appreciated