Farewell New York

Today is our last day in Syracuse and I'm sad but also happy to get back home. We decided to stay in for the morning and order room service for breakfast. We watched a few romantic movies and then we went out to the park for a little lunch and just strolled around. I ended up finding this little secluded spot while exploring that I dragged them to. We sat a talked for a while until I saw a little fox in the distance, "guys look" I said happily trying to be cautious of my volume so I didn't scare it. They looked confused until they saw it, Cordelia smiled warmly and me and Xandra shook her head amused as I got up to walk towards it.

"It's going to run away y/n" Xandra said and I just put my finger to my lips telling her to be quiet as I approached it. "hey little guy" I said getting closer, it looked at me and tilted it's head seemingly looking me up and down to see if I was a threat. "I'm not going to hurt you, my name's y/n" I said. you're a human I heard him say, "yeah I am, and you're a fox" I said funnily and he made a little noise that sounded like laughter. I mean you're in my territory you're the weird one here. How can you even talk to me? he asked, "that's a great question, I don't know. What's your name?" I ask him, George he says making me chuckle. 

"Y/n" I hear Xandra calling me, are those your humans? he asks me and I nod saying yes. "Would you like to meet my humans? They're nice like me" I propose and he looks at me funny before saying yes. Don't pick me up though, makes me look weak he says and I laugh as he walks beside me. Cordelia looks amazed while Xandra looks at me confused. "Guys this is George, George this is Cordelia and Xandra" I say, your humans are pretty he says and I look down at him and smile. "He says you're pretty" I say and Cordelia blushed while Xandra just stares with her mouth wide open. They look at each other and I can see they're talking so I turn back to George and bend down to his level.

"We're witches by the way, they're having a conversation in their minds" I say trying to make it as simple as possible. I guess that's why you can talk to me huh? But why can't they hear me? he asks and shrug, "that's probably what they're talking about now" I say. Can you pick me up now? I feel short he grumbles and I giggle before carefully lifting him off the ground and making sure he's comfortable in my arms. "You can hear him?" Cordelia asks me and I nod, She's the nicer one isn't she? he asks and I chuckle, "yeah she is actually" I reply and they look at me but don't ask what he said. "Did you know you had telepathy with animals?" Xandra asks and I shake my head, she's a complicated one George scoffs. "George... shhh" I say chuckling.

Whatever human "You just walked up to him and he spoke?" Cordelia asks looking between George and me. "He was skeptical at first but I told him my name and he opened up" I say and they both nod. They're kind of weird, I thought you said they were witches why are they so surprised he says. Can you hear me like this?  I ask looking at him, that's so cool, yeah I can hear you he replies. They're my girlfriends I say, Like friend that's a girl or like your partners he asks, my partners I explain and he nods. I might steal them from you if you're not careful he jokes and I pull his ear softly, You can't even talk to them silly I remind him. Hey! I've got my looks, my cute face... and don't underestimate the power of body language he says wiggling in my arms a bit.

You're funny George, don't make me like you so much that I wanna take you home I say. "Uhhh y/n" Cordelia says, I look up to see them staring at me, "you were staring at it forever" Xandra says, it has a name human George says. "We were talking, like how you guys were talking" I say and they look at each other again before looking at George. Hey can I actually take you home? You can stay outside...  I ask him, I mean I don't have any family here, it does get kind of lonely. Would we be like friends? he asks me, yeah we are friends I say and he nods. "Guys can we take him home?" I ask and they look at me hesitantly, then I give them puppy dog eyes and they sigh giving in. "I'll just cancel our tickets and we can transmutate home" Xandra says.

Trans what? George says, "it's like teleporting ya know like... well like this" I say moving us to where I met him and then back to Xandra and Cordelia. Ohhh this is so cool human I like this he says excitedly, "human has a name" I joke like he said earlier. Human is your nickname he says, you called Xandra 'human' too I remind him, well that one was a joke because she called me an it, I'm clearly a fox and she knows my name he says frustratedly, and I pet him so he calms down. "Xandra, George would like it if you didn't call him an 'it'" I say and she giggles, "sorry George, force of habit" she apologizes, force of habit my as- "he says he accepts your apology" I interrupt him and Xandra nods. 

We transmutate back to our hotel room, assuming they don't allow animals. I make him a little bed on the floor that he can lie down on while we get ready for bed. "It's kinda weird having him here while we change" Xandra says, she doesn't have enough fur for me to stare he says making me giggle. "Trust me he's not looking" I say getting dressed, this is the softest bed I've ever had he says as I check on him before going to bed. "Well get used to it little guy, I'm going to buy you an even softer bed when we get home" I say, he nudges his head into my hand and closes his eyes. I smile at him before standing up and getting into the bed, "you're adorable" Cordelia says wrapping her arms around me. "I can't believe you can talk to animals too, I was wondering what your special power was" Xandra says closing her eyes,

"Special power?" I ask, "everyone has a power that no one else in the coven has" Cordelia explains. "Well what's yours?" I ask her, "I can change my familiars into other forms, like how I did the book when we first met, but funnily enough also kind of like a pumpkin into a carriage" she giggles. "That's so cool. What's yours luna?" I ask her, since she's behind me I can't see her but I can feel her breath on my neck. She doesn't respond but I know she's not sleeping, "I actually don't know what it is either..." Cordelia voices as she tries to think back to if Xandra told her. "Luna..." I say turning around to face her and she's staring right back at me but doesn't attempt to say anything. Let's just talk about it later she says and I nod slightly, I give her a kiss and turn back around.

She kissed me softly on my neck and I give Cordelia as kiss as well before we all go to sleep. I wonder what her special power is? Why couldn't she just tell us?