Late Night Talks Pt.2

(This is all one night btw)
She pulls me farther away from our room and into her bedroom. I sit down on her bed after she gestured for me to get comfortable. As if anything about this situation is comfortable, I'm tired god damn it.
"I know you're tired but this is really important so I need you to listen carefully" she says. What the fuck I think, "you're scaring me" I say, "just listen" she emphasizes and I nod.

"Xandra and I are witches, she told me about what you said about powers. They're actually real, though we tend to call them gifts. I know she's not going to tell you and I also know she'll leave before I get up in the morning. That's why it was so important for me to tell you now while she's sleeping" she says. I'm kind of excited but also freaking out because how many other people I know could be witches?

I mean I'm living with one and I'm in the same room as two of them and didn't know. "Can you prove it to me?" I ask challengingly. "Think something, anything" she says confidently. She tripping balls, "really y/n?" She asks not amused, "come on say it" I say. "She's tripping balls" she says rolling her eyes, "lucky guess" I tease. "Why would I ever guess that? And it's not luck" she says seriously. "You know what I'll just show you something" she says.

She stands up and goes to her bag to grab her book Romeo and Juliet. "What is that going to prove?" I ask, "just shut up and watch" she says. I watch the book as it transforms from Shakespeare to a potions book. "I put a spell on it so you wouldn't know what I was reading" she says. "So you lied to me about liking Shakespeare" I ask, that's the only thing I can think about. "That's what you got out of that?" She asks slightly amused. "Answer the question" I says seriously.

"No, I really do love Shakespeare. In another life I'd probably have performed the original stage play" she says. I nod and sigh in relief, she shakes her head and looks to me with raised eyebrows. "Ok" I say simply, "that's it? Just ok" she says questioningly. "I mean I don't see why I needed to be woken up for this" I say tiredly. "God I see why Xandra likes you" she says rolling her eyes. I think about their argument but I decide to avoid the subject.

"Does Larry know?" I ask, figuring he doesn't. "No, you're the only non-witch that knows. Well that's not entirely true since we believe you're one of us" she says seriously. "Very funny" I say chuckling but when I turn to see her face I stop. "I'm not joking y/n" she says almost solemnly and my eyes widen. I stare at her like she has two heads, which honestly would be more believable than this. I know I heard her correctly but the words coming out her mouth don't make sense.

"That's why I needed you to know. I know she probably doesn't want you to contact me. Especially after our argument tonight, which I know you heard. At least part of it anyway. I hope you don't think less of my by the way but, if you notice anything... different. Or if you just have questions you can call me" she says handing me a slip of paper with a number on it. "Text is fine if that's easier since she'll probably ask who you're talking to if you're on the phone" she says.

This is so much to process at one time, "I know" she says out loud. "Damn it, do you know how useful this information would've been earlier. She's probably been reading my mind since she met me" I say regretfully. "I can teach you how to fix that really quick, it'll also help determine if you actually are a witch" she says hopefully. "Two birds one stone" I guess, "I hate that saying. Poor birds" she says seriously. "It's just a metaphor, not meant to be taken literally" I say.

"I know but still" she says smiling sadly, I can't help but smile at her cuteness. She teaches me how to protect my mind from people who can read it. Also how to stop specific people from reading my mind and how to communicate through it. This takes a few hours and by the time we're done with the mini lesson I've learned a lot. Mostly that I'm actually a witch but she taught me some other cool tricks too.

"Thank you" I say smiling, "of course sweetheart" she says smiling back. "This is really important... it's imperative that you don't tell Xandra you've talked to me. If you absolutely have to don't tell her we've talked about this. So that means you can't communicate with her through your mind ok? She can't know you know" she says. "Of course, I'm not stupid. Plus I don't wanna get you in trouble" I giggle.

She stands up and gestures for me to stand up too. As soon as I do she pulls me into a tight hug as if she'll never see me again. Her eyes begin to fill with tears and I tilt my head at her. "Why are you crying?" I ask concerned as I wipe a few fallen tears off her cheeks. "You have so much potential" she says sadly, "they're tears of joy" she says faking a smile. "I can tell you're lying" I say, "it's just best we don't discuss it, I know I'll see you later" she says vaguely.

She gives me another tight hug and says goodbye since she won't see me when I leave. I leave her room and only then do I realize the sun is beginning to rise. I quickly and quietly make my way back to Xandra and I's bedroom. I slip in and close the door, tiptoeing to the bed and getting under the covers. I actually try to get a little more sleep but as soon as I fall asleep I'm being awakened. I groan in response and Xandra just tells me that we have to go now.

I realize now that we didn't even get to drink what I bought. We actually didn't drink at all on the trip which I knew was different for Xandra. I got up and grabbed my suitcase but I had to pee first. Xandra told me to hurry up and said she'd wait in the hallway. I nodded and waited until I heard the hotel door close. I took out the Tequila and zipped my suitcase closed again.

Rolling it out into the kitchen area and setting the tequila on the counter.
I left a little note with it and then I hurried out of the room so Xandra wouldn't be suspicious. "Thanks for the tequila" I heard Cordelia say to me in my mind and I smiled. "What are you so smiley about?" Xandra groaned. "Just ready to get home" I said and she hummed in response. We made our way down and into the car and I just let Xandra drive again. I was too tired to even think properly right now.

A/N:
Fun fact I actually forgot we had the tequila in our bag because I had so many ideas in between that. I'll have a drinking game somewhere down the line though I promise