Distractions

Back at the house we go in the room and fall asleep almost immediately. Even though it's the afternoon, since the teleporting thing is new to me it is a bit tiring. I wake up to see Xandra laying next to me supporting herself on her elbows. Her head was in her hands and she was staring at me as soon as I opened my eyes.

"Hi weirdo" I said tiredly as I looked back at her and she just smiled widely at me. "Hi my angel" she whispered as she pushed hair out of my face and caressed my cheek. "You're being weird, like really nice" I say eyeing her suspiciously. "I'm always nice" she says acting offended causing me raise my eyebrows at her.

"I love you but you're most definitely a bitch" I say kissing her on the cheek before standing up. I stretch and my bones crack a bit before I turn my attention back to her. "I just want you to know how much I love you baby" she says crawling across the bed to me. "I know you love me darling, you don't have to be... like this" I grimaced lovingly.

"Well fine. I tried then" she shrugs falling back onto the bed. I laid down next to her and draw mindless patterns on her exposed chest. "We never did finish our conversation..." I say. "About what?" She asks stroking my hair as I cuddle into her. "I feel like you still know plenty things about me but I know nothing about you" I state.

"Well what do you wanna know?" She asks sweetly and I get this weird feeling. Not from her it's just this pain in my stomach, almost nausea. "Honey?" She says lifting her head to look at me. "Sorry umm— What's the worst date you've ever been on?" I ask her knowing this will probably be a long answer. As suspected she takes a deep breath and starts rambling about it. I try my best to listen in for the most part but I miss a lot of it.

I'm trying to figure out what this feeling is. I know I didn't finish breakfast but I'm not hungry and I didn't eat anything weird. It's like my mind is blocking me from seeing what it is that's making me feel this way. "Y/n" I hear Xandra say, "hmm" I say like I've been paying attention. "Are you sure you're ok?" She asks and I nod before standing up slowly. "I think I just need to eat something" I say reaching out my hand for her.

She takes it and we walk to the kitchen together. She offers to make me something instead and I sit on the counter watching her. Meanwhile I feel like my brain is buzzing. Literally shaking around in my head like it's in a fight. It's the most odd thing I've ever experienced in my life. I just ignore it and try to focus on Xandra and the smell of the food.

I eat the delicious food she made and she suggests we watch a film. I agree knowing I won't have to talk much and can just think. She picked some horror movie I've already seen, at least if she asked me about it I'd know. I'm still having the same feelings so I know it's not physical. Is this like a warning for something? I've never gotten anything like this before though. Maybe I should just talk to Xandra about it.

I don't want to worry her thought especially since she just got me back in a sense. I could always talk to Cordelia about it. I mean they did say that my powers are very strong and would develop fast. Maybe this is just another gift and Cordelia has books and stuff and can explain it to me. "Do you work tomorrow?" I asked Xandra quietly and she turned to me quickly. "Uh yeah... why? I can take off if you want" she suggests.

"No that's ok, I just wanted to know if you'd be home. You don't have to take off work" I said with a smirk. "You look like you have something planned" she said. "Whatever do you mean Ms.Terrel" I say innocently. "Yeah ok. I'll be home by 10" she says narrowing her eyes at me making me smile. Alright so I literally have all day to go to the coven and get whatever I need to figure out what this is.

This seems like it's a reoccurring thing now. I leave there and come back here and the very next day leave here and go back there. It's kind of a funny cycle when you think about it. Now that I have the settled I decide to actually pay attention to the movie. After all The Conjuring is one of my favorite movie franchises. I mean it's starting Vera Farmiga come on who doesn't love it?!

After the movie she's so excited she wants to watch the rest of them. I lay my head on her lap while she watches them. I just watch her face in amusement, I can tell it's her first time watching them. The pure shock and amazement on her face makes my heart warm. She's such an innocent soul though she doesn't seem it. I think we all have a child within us and Xandra's is beautiful.

It makes me sad because I realize that she's had to be tough all her life. When she's with me she's bubbly and giggly and a completely different person. In reality it's who she's always been and the fact that she feels safe enough with me to show that makes me feel amazing. "Sweetie" she says looking at me concerned and the little pout on her face says it all. I lean up and kiss her with all the love I have in my body.

"Woah. What was that for?" She asks blinking rapidly and blushing after we pull away. "Because I love you. And I'm proud of you and you just make me so happy. I'm so glad I get to see this side of you" I say dreamily. She looks down for a moment before meeting my eyes again. "Thank you for letting me be me" she whispers sending a shiver through my body. "I love you" I whisper, "and I love you" she whispers back.

We ditch the movie to lay down instead. She has to get up early and I should probably get an early start too. So we cuddle up in the bed and say our good nights and I love yous before drifting into oblivion.