Reconciliation

I wake up and to say I'm excited to have this conversation would be an immense exaggeration. However I really do miss them and I'm actually equal parts anxious and over the moon about seeing them again. I walk up the steps of the academy cautiously but before I can even open the door Cordelia does. She looks at me surprised for a moment before running out to me and hugging me tightly, slightly lifting me off the ground. Almost just as quick she lets me go and apologizes, "it's ok" I say with a soft smile and we head into the house and to the bedroom. The office just felt too formal so she thought it'd be best to do it in a common space of sorts.

I sit on a chair while they sit on the bed, Xandra still hasn't said anything and now Delia is super quiet as well. "You guys don't have to be scared to talk to me. I'm not mad" I say and Delia smiles while Xandra finally looks up at me. "I know the whole thing with George was an accident and I just needed time to deal with that. Besides that I really do think we need to talk about you guys not trusting me" I say. "Well I wasn't the one who posed the question" Delia says which is surprising considering she's never the one to point blame. "Yes, but you still asked it and had you not had your doubts you would have made Xandra speak for herself" I point out and she looks down shyly. 

"I mean you were away from us for a while and we had no idea what you were doing or who you were with. We specifically didn't keep eyes on you because we wanted you to have your space but you were talking to us less and less and we just got paranoid" Xandra says. "I get it. I just need you to know that I would never do that to you" I stress and they both nod. "So are you moving back in?" Delia asks nervously, "yeah" I say rolling my eyes playfully and she jumps up to give me another hug. Xandra even skips over and joins before we end up on the bed in a big group hug. "I really missed you guys" I express, "you have no idea how much we missed you too" Xandra says.

*time skip 3 days*

It didn't take long to get back into our normal routine and it feels like I never left. Today was probably the best since I've gotten used to being here again but it was quite exhausting as well. I flop back on the bed waiting for Delia to come out the bathroom as I watch Xandra applying her serums or whatever. Once we're all in the bed my phone buzzes and I lean over Xandra to check it, she grabs my ass making me giggle and gives me a kiss on my hip. My smile drops as I see it's Mina that's texted me, I haven't talked to her or thought about her since I came back. Now that it's right in front of my face I remember everything. "Who is it baby?" Xandra asks, I put the phone down and try to collect my thoughts.

"Umm it's a friend I met recently" I say laying back down in between them, is it more than that? Did I like her? DO I like her? "Oh you didn't mention them" Xandra says hesitantly, "yeah I forgot about her until she just texted me" I say absently, "she?" Delia says as she looks at me and then they look at each other. "You guys should meet her" I say trying to diffuse the situation and they raise their eyebrows, "I-I mean sure... if you want" Delia says and I nod before hugging onto her. "I know what you said but I have to ask" Xandra whispers in my ear, "ok"  whisper back knowing i can't lie to her. "Do you like her?" she asks nervously, "I don't know" I answer truthfully, I feel Delia tense up. "Did you do anything with her?" Xandra asks a bit louder this time but still quiet because everyone is sleeping.

"She kissed me... but I didn't kiss her back and I haven't talked to her since" I say, "I told you so" Xandra says directed at Delia. "It's not like that. The only reason I didn't mention it is because I truly forgot" I explain. "Why would I want to meet someone that likes my girlfriend?" Xandra asks wrapping her arms a bit tighter around me, "she's just my friend" I remind her. "I mean let's give it a chance Xan" Delia says and she looks down at me with a sad smile, "why would I do that?" Xandra asks again and Delia looks at me basically asking for help. "Because if she sees me with you guys she'll know I'm taken and won't make any more moves on me" I reason and Delia winks at me. It's quiet as Xandra is thinking about it I guess.

"Fine" she says simply before turning over and away from me, I look at Delia remorsefully and she wraps her arms around me in a protective embrace. I guess I'll text Mina tomorrow and see when she wants to meet up. This is going to be one hell of a process.