Three

Travis kicked a pebble down the sidewalk the whole way back to his house. He always dreaded going home after school. The reason on why, is because his father has been abusive ever since he was young. Travis has never actually seen his father care for him or act like he loved him.

Travis stared at the front door for what seemed like forever. He turned as he heard talking.

"Sal you're so rude for not giving me your pizza!" Travis heard Larry's annoying ass voice.

"So? Maybe you should've been faster!" Travis also heard Sal's voice. The thought of seeing Sal and listening to his voice made Travis' heart flutter. Travis shook his head and ran into his house. Luckily his father was still at work so he didn't have to worry for a while.

"Mom I'm home." Travis called out to his mother and she didn't answer. He took his shoes off and walked into the kitchen. There was a note on the fridge.

Dear Travis, I went out to get groceries and I will be back in an hour!
Love,     
Mom

Travis rolled his eyes and crinkled up the paper and threw it away. He walked upstairs and set his bag down. Travis walked over to his closet and got some clothes to wear. He walked out of his room and into the bathroom to have a nice shower.

"Travis, I'm back!" Mrs. Phelps shouted up the stairs as she set the groceries down on the counter. A few seconds later Travis walked down. His hair was a wet mess and all over the place.

"Hi mom." Travis walked over to the kitchen and sat down at island table.

"Hi dear. Your father won't be home for a bit longer. He's catching up on some work." She smiled. Travis nodded in response.

"I see. What's for dinner?" Travis looked over the bags and still couldn't tell what she was making.

"You'll see. Now go do your homework. It will give you something to do!" She smiled and Travis stood up. He walked back upstairs and into his bedroom.

~~~~~

Words:353