Nine

"Hey Lisa!" Sal smiled as Lisa opened the door for him and Henry.

"Good evening Sal!" Lisa smiled back and Sal chuckled as he saw Larry in the background with his hair in a bun.

Larry eyed Sal, knowing exactly what he was laughing at. "Don't even." Sal grinned as Larry warned him.

"You look stupid as hell!" Sal started laughing and Larry threw a hand towel at him. Lisa shook her head and walked into the kitchen where Larry was.

~~~~~

"So how are you doing in school, Travis?" Travis' grandma looked at Travis and he shrugged.

"It's doing good, thanks for asking." Travis mentally rolled his eyes as he lied. His mother still didn't know about what happened because Travis covered it all up with clothes since his father was smart enough to not make it visible.

"That's good dear! We've missed you!" His grandpa smiled and held Travis' hands. Travis looked at his mother as she continued to cook a bit more.

"I missed you guys too." He slightly smiled, already wanting the day to be over. Kenneth was still getting ready so Travis felt a bit better about that. Just thinking about what he did made Travis want to cry. He's been through worse but this is still one of the top pains he's ever dealt with.

~~~~

"What are you thankful for Sal?" Larry grinned and Sal rolled his eyes.

"Fuck, I don't know.. Uhm.. I'm thankful for you Larry." Larry's face grew with curiosity.

"Go on?" Larry grabbed another roll and ate it while he waited for Sal to answer.

"Well, you're always there for me Lar. You're there when I have horrible nightmares, or when I'm being bullied, or when I'm tired, or when I'm bored. You're just always there to make me feel better." Sal smiled and he was glad he put his prosthetic back on because he could feel his cheeks getting hot.

"Cheeky, but sweet." Larry laughed. Sal groaned and he grabbed a roll and threw it at Larry.

"That should be 10 points!! Right in the forehead!!" Sal cheered and Lisa shook her head and laughed. Larry scoffed and grabbed the same roll and chucked it at Sal.

"Ouch!! That was rude Larry!!!" Sal acted hurt and harshly threw the roll back at Larry.

"Boys.. You're going to make a mess with the bread." Lisa grabbed the roll and smiled.

"You're no fun mom!!" Larry grumbled and finished off the roll he was eating. Lisa rolled her eyes and stared at Larry.

"I'm the best mom, Larbear!" Sal started laughing after Lisa said that.

"Shut up stupid!!" Larry pointed his finger at Sal as Sal continued to laugh.

~~~~

Travis stepped out of the shower and looked at himself in the mirror. His eye was badly bruised, and some deep cuts were on his body. There were also minor cuts but all were bad enough. His whole body ached while he patched up the more severe cuts.

Once Travis was actually done patching himself up he was crying. The pain felt like being ran over multiple times and somehow survived.  Travis always wondered what he did to deserve all this.

Travis fell to his knees and started silently sobbing. He closed his eyes and instantly thought of someone he never wished or knew he would think about.

Sal Fisher.

~~~~

Words:559