Twenty

Travis stared at his test results.. D. Travis was basically frozen in place because he was so close to passing. He just needed a D+ or higher. When Mrs. Packerton passed out his results she told him, "Since you were so close to passing you will be able to do an easier and shorter test to pass, if you get most of them right."

Travis knew that he would pass that, but it didn't matter to his father. He didn't pass the actual test and if Travis is lucky, he'll maybe get to eat next week. But eating isn't what worries Travis.

~~~

"How did you uh.. Do on the test?" Phillip looked over to his best friend and Travis just stared at him blankly.

"How do you think." He looked away from Phillip and played with the food on his tray.

Phillip sighed. "Travis I wish I could do something, really. I just hope you'll be okay.." Phillip looked down and Travis scoffed.

"I'm far from fucking okay, Phillip." Travis stood up and walked away. His hands were shaking and he felt like crying his eyes out.

~~~

Sal looked up to see Phillip staring down at him. "Talk to him." Phillip brushed one of his hands through his hair and Sal knew exactly who he was talking about.

"It didn't go well?" Sal stood up and Phillip nodded.

"He failed, Sal." Phillip looked at Sal and Sal froze next to him.

"He did?" Sal looked up at Phillip and he slowly nodded. Sal sighed and walked out of the cafeteria to go find his friend.

~~~

Sal found Travis in an empty classroom after he searched the whole damn building.

"Travis?" Sal walked over to Travis and he stared at him.

"What did Phillip say to you?" Travis glared at Sal through tears.

"He told me you failed. That's all. I wanted to check on you." Sal sat down across from Travis and he covered his face with his hands.

"We don't have to talk or anything, Trav.. But know I'm here." Sal slightly smiled under his prosthetic.

~~~

They both sat there for the rest of lunch period but then Travis got up and left after the bell rang.

~~~

Travis stared up at his house and contemplated going in for about 10 minutes. His father was already home, surprisingly. Travis was surprised he wasn't still out sleeping with some other bitch.

Travis was cut out of his thoughts when his mother appeared in the doorway.

"Travis! Are you going to come inside? Your father is waiting for you. To know the results, of course." His mother slightly smiled and Travis glared at her without a response.

Then his father was there too. "Get the fuck inside. We don't have all day, unless you want to freeze out there." Travis scoffed knowing he would gladly like that.

Travis made his feet move as he walked slowly towards the house. He knew he was in for a.. Bad, night.

~~~

Words:535

This one was a little shorter because it felt like a good stopping point for this part. I'll be publishing at least 1 more today. (Im on that writing grind rn) so be ready for another part ;)