Eighteen

So far, the whole week was absolute shit for Travis. It was only Wednesday and Travis seriously wanted to pull his hair out of his skull and slam his fists into a wall. He felt as though his father was breathing down his neck, watching every decision he did, controlling his life.

He felt this way because Travis had a test soon and it was pretty important for his grade for the semester so Travis was a bit paranoid. If Travis does bad on the test he'll have to retake it and his father will beat the shit out of him.

Phillip has been helping him study and sometimes Sal helped him when they were in Mrs. Packerton's class. Travis knew deep down he was going to fail the test. He didn't want to believe it, but he knew.

~~~

Wednesday. Travis had 1 more day to study for the test before it happened. He was very paranoid and stressed because every night his father would yell at him telling him he better get a good grade. Travis slumped into his chair once he got to class and he watched as Sal walked in a bit later.

Sal walked over to Travis since the bell hadn't rang yet and Sal looked at him. "Do you need help studying?" Sal towered over Travis since he was leaning on the desk.

"Uhh.. I do.. But I don't want you to have to help me." Travis stared into Sal's eyes and he shrugged.

"It's no problem, Travis. I'll get better practice and I'll be helping you." Sal smiled under his prosthetic and Travis slightly grinned.

"Thank you, Sal. But I'm probably going to fail anyway." Travis ruffled his hair with his hand and Sal sighed and shook his head.

"Have trust in yourself, Travis. I believe you will pass the test and do just fine." Sal gave Travis a pat on the shoulder then he walked to his seat.

~~~

Sal helped Travis for about an hour after school. Travis already called his father saying he would be gone an extra hour and even though he threw a small fit about it, once Travis said it was for the upcoming test he let it go.

Sal sat back and stretched. He then cracked his knuckles and looked at Travis. "It's going to get dark soon." Sal looked at the time on his phone.

Travis huffed in response. "Are you trying to get rid of me?" He raised an eyebrow and Sal laughed.

"No! I'm just saying.. Unless you want to go eat somewhere?" Sal stared into Travis' eyes making him look away.

"I can't, I have to go home soon." Travis shrugged and Sal nodded.

"See, I wasn't trying to get rid of you." Sal chuckled and Travis smacked him on the arm.

"Whatever. Thanks for the help, Sally." Travis grabbed his stuff and put it in his bag. He stood up and Sal stood up too. They both walked out of the coffee shop.

Sal and Travis walked and talked together until they had to go different ways.

~~~
Words:516