Twelve

Travis looked at himself in the mirror. All the scars from his father were still very visible, because, he won't let them go away. His father was angry because something went wrong at his work so he took it out on Travis. His mother never did anything because at night she takes so many pills she feels numb.

His mother doesn't do that all the time though. She only does it when too much is happening. Travis walked out of the bathroom and stumbled into his room. Half the time he contemplates if he should take all the pills his mother takes just to end it all.

Now, was one of those times.

~~~~

"Jesus Trav, did you sleep?" Phillip wrapped his arm around Travis and he winced in pain.

"T, what happened?" Phillip looked at his best friend with worry in his eyes. He knew what the answer was.

"I.. Fuck.. I thought about it Phill.." Travis stared off trying not to cry then looked straight into Phillip's eyes. "A few times now."

Phillip stopped and shook his head. "It's okay man.. I'm here. I'm back." Phillip hugged Travis and Travis held onto his friend tight. Phillip always felt sorry for Travis but he didn't know what to do to help him.

"Hey, Sal's friend, Neil, is having a party this weekend for thanksgiving. I know you don't like going to that shit but, can you please go for me T?" Phillip pulled away from Travis and smiled slightly at him.

"Phillip.." Travis shook his head and Phillip groaned.

"Please man? It will take your mind off things, and Sal will be there." Including all the other things Phil knew about Travis, he also knew Travis never trully hated Sal. He never knew how to properly show feelings.

"... Fine" Travis grumbled and Phillip smiled.

"Thank you, T!"

"What the fuck are they doing?" Larry laughed as he stared at Travis and Phillip hugging each other.

Ash giggled. "He always calls us fags but look at him!" Sal stood next to them trying not to yell at them for being dicks.

Sal had a bad habit of picking at his skin around his nails, especially when he's uncomfortable or angry. So, that's exactly what he started doing.

"He looks fucking stupid! He even looks like he's crying!" Larry scoffed and slammed his locker shut.

Sal wanted to punch him in the mouth and kick him in the dick but he stopped himself from doing so by slamming his locker just as loud, or louder than Larry.

Travis and Phillip looked in Sal's direction because of the noise.

"What was that about Sal?" Larry looked at Sal lifting his brow because he was confused.

"Just shut the fuck up Larry." Sal glared at his best friend and walked away to class.

"What was that about?" Ash looked at Larry and he shrugged.

~~~

"Larry said you were acting weird. You okay Sal?" Todd glanced up at Sal from his textbook.

"He pissed me off!" Sal scoffed and Todd nodded.

He pushed his glasses up his nose and put the textbook down. "I'm not stupid Sal. You've been talking to Travis."

Sal stared at Todd because he knew Todd knew. Like he said, he's not stupid. "You figured out the first day in the cafeteria didn't you?" Sal slightly smiled under his prosthetic and Todd nodded.

"I figured it out. Everyone else hasn't, is that why Larry pissed you off?" Todd tilted his head to the side and Sal slowly nodded.

"Want to talk about it Sally?" Todd put full focus into Sal and he shrugged.

"I mean.. Travis is just going through family problems and he was hugging Phillip because they're best friends and Ash and Larry started calling him a fag."

Todd shook his head. "Of course they did. Sal, one day they will realize that the messed up shit Travis did, was because his home was messed up. I don't know what's happening with Travis but clearly it's obvious and I have a hunch." Todd slighty smiled at Sal to make him feel better.

"Just be there for Travis, Sal. Don't think about what Larry says. Travis is clearly a good person deep down."

Sal smiled and Todd looked at his textbook again. "Thank you Todd."

~~~
Words:717