Seven

Sal mentally groaned as he looked at his alarm clock. He woke up to yet again, another nightmare. The clock read 2 am. Sal flicked on his lamp and he stared up at the ceiling. Sal yawned and grabbed his phone off the charger.

S: Hey.

Sal stared at his screen for at least a minute then got a text back.

L:?
L: Nightmare?
S: ya so fuckin annoyin.
L: I get it dude want to come down?
S: ya sure

Sal kicked his legs out of the covers and swung to the side of his bed. Sal groaned as he realized he left his pigtails in. "Fucking... Jesus christ." Sal yanked the pigtails out and ruffled his hair with his fingers. Sal stood up and grabbed his key, phone, prosthetic, eye, and clothes then walked out of his room.

Sal poured Gizmo more food since he most likely wouldn't be back until after school the next day. Tomorrow was finally Friday  which also meant thanksgiving that weekend. Sal walked out of the apartment and into the elevator.

"Hey." Sal walked into Larry's room which was pretty dim.

"Hey dude. Want to talk about it?" Larry looked at Sal and Sal shook his head.

"Thanks but can we play video games?" Larry grinned and he pat the beanbag that was next to him. Sal smiled and sat down next to Larry.

"I'll beat the shit out of you!" Larry smiled and Sal shook his head.

"Hell no! I'm winning this!!" Sal grinned and the game started.

~~~~

Travis scoffed as he slammed one of the church boys into the locker. His father, of course, pissed him off. Travis only knew how to cope by inflicting pain on others. Usually, it would be that freak Sal. Once Travis saw more people gather around, including him he left.

~A few minutes before~

"Does Travis seem a bit more.. Hostile today?" Sal looked at Larry and Ash as they walked toward the lunchroom.

"What is that supposed to mean? He looks rude everyday." Ash shrugged and looked at Sal.

Larry nodded. Before they entered the lunchroom they all froze as they heard a loud noise.

"The fuck was that?!" Larry turned to where the noise was and some people were gathered around. Sal looked to Larry and Ash then walked over. Since Sal was pretty short for being in high school he squeezed through and got to the front. What he saw concerned him.

Another guy, was leaning against the lockers and his face was all beat up. Some blood was visible on the locker. Travis and Sal locked eyes for a moment. Travis shook his head and turned to walk away. Sal wondered for a moment if he should follow Travis or not and chose not to.

Sal walked through the crowd once again and found Larry and Ash. "So what happened?" Larry looked at Sal.

"It was Travis." Sal looked back at the crowd then turned around when he heard Larry chuckle.

"He got his head slammed?" Larry grinned and Sal shook his head as he glared at Larry.

"No. HE slammed SOMEONE'S head into the lockers." Sal watched as Ash's expression changed. Larry stopped chuckling.

"What." Larry stood there open mouthed and Sal just nodded.

"Blood was on the locker and everything. I don't want to talk about this anymore," Sal looked at the doors to the lunchroom, "can we go now?"

~~~~

Words:592

I forgot that this was supposed to he the weekend so I fixed that incase it confused anyone!! Sorry!