Sisters 1

Payal had a scowl on her face watching her husband's cousin sister smiling and ordering everyone around as if she wasn't responsible for the storm that happened not more than three weeks ago when she refused to believed them and thought they were lying when her husband's atrocities was exposed.

She made every excuse to paint her coward and pathetic excuse for a husband as a saint and his crimes as a misunderstanding.

Akash to punish her for disrupting the delusional perfect life his sister had, was to ignored her as if she never existed and took advantage of very opportunity to hurt her and support his mother's abuse against her and Khushi.

But she was fine seeing low she had stooped to please him and his mother and their favoritism for Anjali had opened her eyes as to how stupid she has been side lining her own sister who always put her first and her mental health for the sake of her scammy marriage to her spineless puppet husband.

The sister who took reins of the family's finances and responsibilities while she wallowed in being a rejected bride and letting hate fill her heart.

She didn't blame Khushi for what happened but she couldn't bring herself to face the reality of being a rejected bride and being taunted by everyone because when someone happens between a man and woman, the woman takes the blame and society has set that standard to an extent that it has been deeply ingrained into every culture in the world to make women the culprit of all wrong doings of men.

She neglected her duties as an elder sister from when they arrived to Delhi until now but she is now ready, ready to put every member of this family in their places and save herself and her sister from this hypocritical family.

"Payal? " She jerked out of her thought hearing her name and she snapped back to reality seeing Anjali smiling at her.

"Are okay?

"Are okay?..... I have been calling you for quite some time now. "

Payal for the first time felt an extreme disgust and hatred for the woman standing in front of her and she rolled her eyes and walked away ignoring the switch from shock to hurt on Anjali's face.

This didn't go unnoticed by Akash who walked up to a hurt Anjali and place his hand on her shoulder.

Anjali with shimmering eyes turned to find Akash staring at her and he wiped the tears that fell.

"We have wronged her and her family...... I ignored her since the incidence with Shyam and your miscarriage made me more angry and I treated her like she was worthless.......... I let Maa verbally abuse her and even smirked at her seeing Maa maltreat her. "

Anjali felt a cold shiver run down  her spine hearing Akash address Shyam by his name and not the usual damadji he always used for her husband selfishly ignoring Akash's confession of his abuse towards his wife.

"I allowed Maa verbally abused her because she focused more on Khushi than you when it was the right thing to do because Khushi only had her, bhai and Nk since we were all mad at Khushi....... Khushi has done so much for us including bringing Shyam back and I know it's the reason Khushi left the house but don't worry because the engagement is back on and after Khushi and bhai's engagement and wedding, we will apologize to her and her family. "