𝑺𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝟏𝟓

No proofread.

A seven years old girl sat on the stairs of a house crying while holding her teddy to her chest.

"Navi? " She lifted her head to find her favorite person staring at her with concern and she immediately dropped her teddy and run into her arms.

"Nimi maa!..... I want you to be my only maa....... I don't like my maa...... Even though you are my aunt, I want you to be my maa not Garima. " She cried out as she tightened her hold on her aunt.

The gates to the house opened and in entered Shashi, Ajay holding a sleeping Khushi.

The men looked concerned and turned their gaze to Garima who walking up to them looking pissed and they immediately knew she had said something to upset Payal.

Shashi tried to take Payal away from Nimrat but she refused to let go of her and Nimrat signalled Shashi to let Payal be as she turned her attention to Garima.

"Di, why is she crying. " Nimrat asked and Garima glared at Payal who had her head on Nimrat 's shoulder as she rubbed her back to calm her down.

"Well your precious niece here slapped the landlord's son for just teasing her....... He threatened to kick us out of the shop and sell it to someone else if she didn't apologize but this brat refuse to apologize." Garima replied.

"No." Payal yelled in her tiny voice but one could feel how upset she was. "He hit my bum bum and I told him I don't like it and he did it again so I slapped him...... Nimi maa did I do wrong? . " Payal asked innocently staring at Nimrat has a huge smile of her face and kissed her all over her face making Payal giggle.

"My Navi did great...... But next time, kick him in between his legs okay. " Payal nodded feeling happy that his Nimi maa didn't scold her like Garima did.

Payal watched her aunt, father and later her uncle Ajay scold Garima for condoning harassment against Payal by their landlord's son but Garima still defended her stance for scolding Payal but no one listened to her and she blamed Payal.

Little Payal from the moment on avoided her mother like a plague and took her Nimi maa as her mother because since she was a child and was able to comprehend, she realised Nimrat loved and prioritized her more than Garima did.

Present Day.

"Wow....... Who would have thought it was her motherly instincts that always made her love you as equally as Khushi...... To tell you the truth, I was surprised to find out you were cousins instead of real sisters but now that we know Khushi and you are biological sisters, it explains why you love her so much. " Aman said as he helped Payal packaged the food Payal prepared Arnav and Khushi.

He was amazed hearing countless instances from Payal where Isha was a better mother to her than Garima.

He finally understood why Payal was so determined to fix her biological mother and this together with his love for Payal encouraged him to help her to achieve that goal.

"I just hope my mother agrees to the DNA test....... This is the first step to prove to her that Arnav is a good man...... I know Khushi choosing Arnav over our mother hurts her....... But I am sure at the end of the day, she will come around...... For now her rage and pain has blinded her but I know she will mellow soon and we can get her the help she needs....... Thank God Arnav was able to pull through from the heart attack he suffered. "