Sisters 4

Three Weeks Later.

An Escalade entered the luxurious front of DLF Kings Court.

Out of the car came Khushi who looked at the building and entered

The manager of the penthouse complex greeted her and led her to the private elevator leading to the top floor which is entirely owned by Arnav.

After a few seconds, the elevator door opened and Khushi walked up to the door and placed her finger on the scanner and the door opened.

She entered to find the room dark with only lights from the television illuminating the room.

She sighed seeing Arnav staring at the tv and she watched the news of Mami's arrest.

"For now Mrs Manorama Singh Raizada had been bail but will be pending trail for the domestic abuse of her soon to be ex daughter in law who is being presented by Mr Arjun Roy the lawyer of ASR and this proves his support for his sister in law is undeni... "

The television was then turned off by Khushi which alerted him to her presence.

She walked picked up the tablet that controlled the penthouse and commanded it to open the blinds.

She smiled and walked up to Arnav and sat on his lap.

Arnav hugged her inhaling her scent which calmed him down and for the next five minutes they stay in the same position until Khushi broke the hug and held his hand as they both laid on the floor facing each other.

"How are you feeling? " She asked concerned and Arnav took her hand and kissed it.

"I am feeling better now........ Thanks to you. "

Khushi shook her head and pinched his nose making Arnav smile.

"It's thanks to your therapist. " She corrected him and he shook his head.

"No it's thanks to you..... Because of you I finally gathered the courage to see a therapist after so many years and it has opened my eyes to how toxic my relationship with my family has been....... It opened to how much illusions I took as reality and how they family exploited it to their own benefits....... I always felt bad when I blamed my mother for being selfish but now I don't feel that anymore because it's the right emotion for a selfish woman like my mother...... She only thought of herself that day and never thought how her action will affect Anjali and I...... It because of that trauma that I began an emotional incest with Anjali without realizing it. "

Khushi was taken aback hearing the word incest.

"What is emotional incest? " Khushi asked not understanding it meaning.

"It's what the therapist described my relationship with Anjali....... You see I saw her as a replacement of my mother and she in turned relayed on me for emotional needs that she as the adult should have provided for me........ She never respected my words but did it for that scam she calls a husband....... I was always willing to do what ever she wanted without thinking and because of that, she found it easy to manipulate me with her tears which I always fell for all that time all because I was emotionally weak and placed my happiness in her happiness...... Look at what I did to you from the beginning, I hurt you because I was in denial of my feelings for you and I didn't want to admit it because it felt like I was cheating on Anjali by giving you love and somehow I felt like Arvind Malik...... My whole life since mother killed herself, Anjali was the only woman I felt emotionally attached to until you came along and I felt like you were making me weak and I was betraying Anjali because of that...... The therapist said me hurting you was my defense mechanism against my feelings for you and because of that I was blinded to common and logical sense that's why I humiliated and insulted you because psychologically I wanted you to be the bad guy so that I won't see myself as the bad one but to tell you the truth I think she only said that to make me feel better. "