Interlude.

No proofread

The Malhotra family consisted of Mohit Malhotra, his wife Ananya and two daughters, the oldest name Garima and the youngest Nimrat, lived contented in Lucknow.

They were the loyal servants of the tycoon Karan Kundra and to reward them, he gave Mohit a plot of land a few meters away from his mansion and built a house where the family resided while working for them and also operating the family sweet shop.

He also paid for the education of the Malhotra sisters but took a keen interest to Nimrat who was academically gifted over Garima who was a lazy and materialistic.

This together with how Nimrat was always praised for being respectful, hardworking, intelligent and extremely beautiful caused Garima to resent her young sister as all attention was on her.

Garima never let go off any opportunity to humiliate and belittle Nimrat but Nimrat being a strong willed girl never fell for it instead forgave her because she understood Garima was doing because of her own insecurities.

Nimrat by ignoring Garima's taunts and belittlement lived her life free of hate and envy.

The hatred Garima had for Nimrat increased when Shashi and Ajay who were in the air force in Lucknow were assigned by the commander of the air force as bodyguards for Karan after a failed attempt of his life.

The men quickly became friends with the girls as they lived on the same land, Garima immediately had a crush on Ajay but he had his eyes on Nimrat who was equally in love with him.

This hurt Garima seeing the man she likes wanting her sister but she ended bumping into Arvind Malik who showed her with gifts and only had eyes for her.

Shashi who liked Garima was always ignored by her but he never gave up until he found out about the affair between Garima and Arvind Malik who belonged to a wealthy royal family in Lucknow.

This was revealed during a party where Subhadra Malik, the Matricach of the Malik family caught her eldest son Arvind Malik and Garima in the passionate lip lock.

She dragged her to the party where Garima was humiliated and branded as the gold digger and seeing Garima's ruined reputation and his mother's anger, Arvind Malik lied saying her seducing and blackmailed him to buy her stuffs.

But the truth was that they were lovers aand all the expensive clothes and jewellery Garima was wearing were gifts from Arvind but his fear of his mother made him lie.

Due to how materialistic Garima was and she being defensive when she was asked where she got the clothes,money and jewelry, no one believed her and this ruined the reputation of the Malhotra family.

Karan Kundra was the only support of the Malhotra family after the incident and he did all he can to restore their reputation as honest people which worked to some extent but Garima will remain a social outcast and to prevent that, Shashi who was in love with Garima proposed to marry her.

Garima who was broken because of what Arvind did to her and the disgust on her parents,Nimrat and Ajay's face each time they looked at her made her settle for Shashi and she vowed to love him as he was her only supporter.

They moved out to an off base housing units for military personnels  as Mohit and Ananya didn't want Garima anywhere near them.

Shashi one the other hand was always welcomed to their home but he never went in solidarity with Garima being banned and no one held it against him as they knew he was a good man.

For four years she tried but couldn't forget Arvind and seeing her sister happily married to the Ajay triggered her jealousy, inferiority complex and hatred for Nimrat.