Chapter 5

Ally was busy packing her two bags

Ally was busy packing her two bags. She was actually going home, she was going to see Lissa again and sleep in her own bed.

She wished that she could also go back to St. Vladimir’s Academy to visit Rose and Mikhail but thought that she'll wait until she and Lissa went back to the Academy.

She heard two knocks against her open door and saw Miller standing there.

"Hey, Miller. What are you doing here?" she said warmly.

“Good morning, Little Menace.” He joked. “I’m here to get your bags." He said.

"Oh. Give me like five minutes and then they will be all yours to take."

She ran into the bath room and picked up her vanity bag, threw it into one of her bags and zipped it up. He picked up the bags and they walked out of her room to the car. Dimitri was standing there, waiting for Alina. She gave him a nod and he greeted her back with one. Miller placed her bags in the trunk and turned back to her and said with a sigh. “I guess this is goodbye.”

"You’re not coming with us?" She asked him, hoping that he would come with them.

"Sadly, no. I was asked to stay here and make sure the doctors are kept safe while they pack up all of their stuff. But no need to get sentimental. With your reputation, I’m sure we will be seeing each other soon." He reassured her with a smile.

"Don’t be a stranger, okay?" Ally said as she stepped closer to him.

“Not a chance.” He started and reached for her as she got closer into a hug. Alina hugged him tightly, she might not have spent a lot of time with him but she really was going to miss him. They broke the hug and Miller turned towards Dimitri.

“Keep her out of as much trouble as you can, Belikov.” Miller teased as he pointed at Alina and he reached his hand out to Dimitri and they shook hands.

“I’ll give you a call when I need an extra pair of hands to help out.” Dimitri added with a chuckle.

“With your reputation. I doubt it.” He complimented Dimitri as he walked back into the clinic.

Alina turned towards Dimitri and asked. "So is it just going to be you and me?”

He nodded. "Luckily, your family home isn’t far away and we are driving during daylight so we won’t be getting any trouble that would ask for more than one Dhampir.” He explained to her and then a smile grew on Alina’s face.

“Does that mean I get to sit in the front?” She asked hopefully.

Dimitri was about to answer her when one of the head Guardians called for him. “Dimitri! I would like to just check some last things over with you!” He yelled from the entrance.

“I’ll be right back.” Dimitri said to Alina as he walked past her to the other Guardian.

She looked at the SUV and then back at Dimitri and climbed into the passenger seat while Dimitri’s back was towards her.