Chapter 10

Alina and Dimitri were walking back to her room after they spent at least two hours in the library, searching for books that had at least a small mention of Instinct

Alina and Dimitri were walking back to her room after they spent at least two hours in the library, searching for books that had at least a small mention of Instinct. They found two books that may have some answers and decided to take them.

Dimitri walked slowly and relaxed and yet Alina had to take two steps to keep up with one of Dimitri’s steps but luckily he walked with peaceful, lazy strides while he carried the two books for her.

“You really don’t have to carry them for me. It’s just two books.” Alina told him and he just slowly shook his head.

“I don’t mind.”

“But don’t you have to go and help train the novices?”

“Are you trying to get rid of me, Alina?” He teased but answered her question, “Not for another 30 minutes. More than enough time to have a pleasant stroll with you.” He smiled as he took his next step closer to her and their shoulders brushed against each other. Alina smiled and looked down, letting her curls cover up her soft blush.

“How is your training going?” Dimitri asked as he did a quick perimeter check, making sure nobody was around to stare at them or hear what they were talking about. He was being too friendly with Alina but he couldn’t help it, she was starting to become a… friend to him.

“Well, they dial it down a couple of notches. So no more burning dummies. Mostly it’s all about control, more focus driven exercises than power driven exercises.” Alina explained as Dimitri opened the entrance door to the dormitories for her to walk through and he walked in close behind her.

“Well luckily you’re stronger than most Moroi, so it would be easy for you but you’re still young and learning about everything, so take it slow.” He advised, complimented and criticized her as they got to her door, he handed her the two books before walking off to train the novices.

Alina stood at the door inside her room and she felt confused on how she was supposed to take what he said. But what she also didn’t release until she got inside her room was, Dimitri somehow got her to walk a longer route to her dorm.

Ally stayed up late, reading through both books and came up empty. There was no direct mention of Instinct and it made Alina realise she was going to have to put a lot more effort in to find the information that she was looking for.

 There was no direct mention of Instinct and it made Alina realise she was going to have to put a lot more effort in to find the information that she was looking for