Chapter 13

Ally just walked out of the shower when Lissa walked into the room, already dressed and ready for the Death Watch

“Lissa.” Ally said her name contentedly. “You look gorgeous.” She complimented her sister Lissa thanked Ally as she walked closer to her and they hugged each other.

“Are you here to tell me that I don’t have to go to the Death Watch?” Ally asked hopefully.

Lissa giggled. “No, sorry, I’m not your saviour today. I’m just here to make sure you are good with the dress and if you need help with your make-up?”

“No, I’m good. And I’m going to wear a mask anyway so no need for an impressive amount of make-up.”

Lissa giggled at her sister once again, glad she had her in her life to give it a little more colour.

“Oh, there is one other topic I just wanted to inform you about. Rose and I haven’t been really sure about it but we have this connection where Rose gets inside my head. She can see and feel everything I see and feel and we’re trying to… need to figure out what is going on. So Rose and Christin will be breaking into the library to find anything about all of this…” Lissa said as she waved her hands around her head. “While we’re at the Death Watch, and everybody else so it’s a perfect time because everybody would be distracted.”

“Whoa. Wow, that is a lot of information to get in like 15 seconds. Let a girl process the first part of what you just said. You and Rose have a psychic bond?” Ally asked confused and Lissa just nodded as she watched her sister passing up and down in their room.

“And Rose can feel everything you feel and see and hear everything you can?” Lissa nodded again.

“And they are going to break into the library tonight to find a book that will explain everything that is going on?”

“Hopefully, maybe, but yes.” Lissa added as she looked at Ally, watching her facial expression.

At first it was confusion and then more confusion, next was understanding and then acceptance.

“Okay.” Ally said, understanding the situation, curious about it but not really trying to overthink it.

“Okay… So I’m going to go, make sure everything is going to plan at the ball room and… I’ll see you later.” Lissa said but it sounded more like a question.

“Yes, I’ll be there and I promise not to make up an excuse or something to not be there, I mean everyone is invited because of you.”

The two sisters smiled at each other and then Lissa turned and walked out, followed by Logan as they walked away.

Ally wasted no time in getting dressed and getting her wild hair in some type of controlled style. Finishing her makeup, she stood up and opened the box with her white mask inside.