Chapter 19

“What type of party is it again?” Ally asked as her eyes followed Lissa, walking around in her room, looking through Alina’s clothes to see if there was anything she would be able to wear to the party

“It’s a pool party, except it is more elegant and not like the American pool parties we once saw on that one movie we once watched with Andre.” Lissa explained but she got softer when she talked about her brother.

Andre.

Just thinking about going to a party brought back so many memories of Andre needlessly scaring Alina away from the idea of going to parties. He wanted to protect his little sister from the evils of teenage boys and gossiping teenage girls. But there wasn’t any need for it, Alina would anyway rather sit on her bed, surrounded by pillows, reading a book.

“Didn’t you bring anything sexy with you?” Lissa asked her sister as she looked through all the clothes Alina packed in for the trip.

Alina gave her sister a look, knowing her sister knew that "something sexy" would not be found in Alina's closet.

“Well, I don’t really plan to show myself off to anyone.” Alina said sarcastically but also pulling her hoodie sleeves over her hands, remembering the mark.

“Then I guess you’ll just have to wear something from my clothes.” Lissa mumbled as she struggled through the pile of clothes on the floor.

A knock on the door made the sister’s heads pop up in its direction. They looked back at each other before Alina stood up from her bed to answer the door. It was her room after all.

She grabbed hold of the door handle to turn it and opened the door.

She saw one of the Hotel staff standing in front of her with a phone in his hand.

“Yes? Can I help you?” She asked as she opened the door wider.

“A requested call for you, Miss Dragomir.” The man said as he reached the phone out to her. She hesitantly reached out for the phone, taking it out of his hands. The man nodded his head in a dramatic way before he walked off, down the hall.

Alina stepped back into her room, closed the door as she looked up from the phone to her sister, waiting impatiently for her.

Alina pressed the phone against her ear, and she heard the breathing of the person on the other side of the phone call. “Hello. Who is this?”