Chapter 6

The cemetery was right next to a beach and the salty smell of the ocean was usually a comfort for Ally but now, all it did was burn her nose

Ally and Lisa were standing in front of the three headstones named Eric, Rhea and Andre.

Lissa was covered with clothing from head to toe, standing under an umbrella to protect her from the sun while Ally stood next to her and the two sister's arms locked together, to give each other comfort.

Lissa brought Arum lilies with them and she placed one on each of the headstones.

She stood back up and locked her arm with Ally's again and the two sisters leaned onto each other, supporting and comforting each other.

"I don't know how to say goodbye." Ally said.

"I don't know how any of us are supposed to go on without you." Lissa added as they looked at the headstones.

"Just know that we will always love you." Ally said and her voice cracked a little bit.

In their peripheral vision they saw Viktor stepping towards them.

Lissa gave Ally a questioning look, asking if she was ready to go back and Ally confirmed with a nod.

"We're ready to go back." Lissa stated to Viktor.

"Are you sure?" Viktor asked, knowing that their entire lives were going to be flipped upside down when they go back and he was more than happy to keep them away from the upcoming chaos if the two sisters wanted to.

Both nodded and Lissa added. "It's time."

Lissa turned and walked away robotically, like she was preparing herself emotionally.

Ally stayed for just a couple more moments. She kissed the four fingers of her right hand and pressed her fingers against every headstone. Like she was giving each a kiss to the head before she also turned and walked towards the SUV where Dimitri was waiting for her.

When both girls got to the SUV they realised that Logan wasn't there.

"Isn't Logan joining us?" Lissa asked the other Guardians but it was Viktor who was behind her who answered. "He has already arrived at St. Vladimir's Academy, he wanted to make sure everything was in place for when you get there."

Both girls nodded and climbed into the SUV. One of the other Guardians was driving and Dimitri sat in the passenger seat.

Victor and Lissa sat on the first row of seats and Ally sat behind them, alone on the second row of seats.

Ally slid down into her seat, got comfortable and rested her head against the seat. She was looking out of the window, watching the blurry trees turn into blurry fields of grass.

She felt eyes on her but not in a creepy way, more in a comforting way. She looked around and her eyes locked with another pair of eyes in the rear-view mirror.