Chapter 14

The grass was still damp and the pavement still wet after the rain fell during sleeping hours

The grass was still damp and the pavement still wet after the rain fell during sleeping hours. The setting sun was nowhere to be seen, covered by the thick layer of clouds in the sky.

Alina found a small dry space to start her stretching while she waited for Dimitri to show up.

Normally, he would be the one waiting for her but it seems like she won him to it today as she saw him walking towards her in his sweatpants and hoodie. His hair was once again just combed back his finger.

"Good morning, Alina.” He greeted her with the Mortal circle greeting as he sat down next to her and started stretching.

She greeted him back but she instantly forgot what she was busy doing when she heard his very fresh morning voice.

It was husky, irregular and raw but yet pleasant to hear. She has never heard it before. Every time they had their early… or more accurate, late runs, his voice would always sound normal and ready for the day.

Did he just wake up? Did he just wake up for her early run?

She smiled through the whole stretch session.

Dimitri finished with his stretching and stood up from the ground, he turned back to Alina and stood in front of her, reaching out his hands down at her. Alina grabbed a hold of his hands, they were surprisingly warm in the cold outside temperature.

He gripped her hands and effortlessly pulled her to her feet and she giggled. Alina didn’t know why she giggled at the gesture but it made her feel all warm and girly inside.

Dimitri smiled at her strange giggles but neither of them said anything it about.

“I was thinking we cut our running time in half and spent some time on defence training.” Dimitri causally suggested and it made Alina buddle with excitement.

“We’re starting today?” She asked rhetorically with a massive smile on her face and she pumped her arms.  

Alina’s body hit the mat with a loud smack but luckily it sounded hasher than it truly was

Alina’s body hit the mat with a loud smack but luckily it sounded hasher than it truly was. The mat broke her fall a lot but the stinging on her side still burned.