Chapter 7

Alina didn’t stay after Lissa’s Consecration, she wanted to but all the Royal’s stared at her with their judgy eyes

Alina didn’t stay after Lissa’s Consecration, she wanted to but all the Royal’s stared at her with their judgy eyes. Troubled asking amongst themselves why Ally, a non-Royal, was there with them.

But because she was Lissa’s sister, or at least adopted sister and because Viktor was escorting her, they didn’t say anything but their eyes showed all the things they were thinking.
Before she was Moroi, they would judgingly stare at her because she was a human, but now she’s Moroi and still that is not good enough because she isn’t Royal.

Or just because Alina is a so-called false Moroi.
Alina stood all alone while Lissa had to mingle with the guests because the party was thrown in her honour.

She tried to keep herself busy with a glass of bloody champagne that she hadn’t taken a sip from because of the blood inside of it that she still hadn't gotten used to, and she stood out like a sore thumb. She was standing there with training clothes because she didn’t know that she had to wear something formal or that there would be a fancy party afterwards. And she already gave Christian’s jacket back to him when he left.

She saw Viktor chatting with some Royals and she walked straight to him, told him that she was going to take her leave and luckily he knew and understood that these type of function wasn’t her scene. He told her he would tell Lissa that she felt and then she excused herself.

As she walked outside and saw Logan standing guard at the entrance, she greeted him, he greeted back and then she was on her way out of there. The second she got out of that ego filled party she felt like she was allowed to breathe again. And the further she walked away from the party, the more she felt the weight, to be a person they approve of, slipping from her shoulder.

When she got to the room she shared with Lissa and Rose, she slipped out her new Converse Rose got for her, grabbed the book on her night stand and planted herself on the floor pouffe.
Alina was knee deep in her witch, witch hunter romance when an exhausted Lissa walked into the room with a burned-out look on her face.
Ally stood up from the floor pouffe and placed her book on her bed and walked towards Lissa. Both opened their arms and just held each other. Alina’s head leaning on Lissa’s shoulder and Lissa’s leaning on hers.

After a couple of peaceful moments they heard the door opening and saw a drained Rose walking in. Rose saw the two sisters and immediately knew what they were doing. It has been a long tradition, Rose dropped her gym bag and walked towards them. They made space for Rose and they wrapped their arms around each other and their heads leaned against each other.
They took in a couple of deep breaths together. “This is nice.” Lissa said. “So nice.” Alina added and then Rose nodded. “We have not done this in a long time.”

Then the complaining began. Each of them would say aloud what had been their downfall that day and then they would comfort each other.

Rose was the first to complain. “Alina?” Rose got her attention. “That guardian of yours is a prick.” The girls laughed and Alina asked.