Chapter 25

This was Alina’s plan

Step one, make sure nothing goes wrong with the transfer and trade with Sonya for Mia.

Step two. Go and help Dimitri in some type of way. maybe go to a judge or break Dimitri out of his cage.

Now since step one went to shit, and released an over dozen Strigoi onto Academy ground. Alina decided to still go to Step two. Break Dimitri out of his cage, then both of them can help with the attack.

Alina was sprinting her way back, closer to the Academy when she heard another group of Strigoi in the distance, their animalistic roars reaching through the forest cold air.

Bit Alina kept on running, kept on pushing her strong legs to move faster but her movement was stopped when she was suddenly tackled, from the side, to the ground.

And the second her attacker hissed at her she knew it was a Strigoi.

She turned her body and used her legs to push the Strigoi off of her. she quickly got to her feet and used her Air Magic to push the Strigoi away from her until his body hit a tree. A thick branch pushed out of the Strigoi’s chest and its hiss died down as its body went still.

Alina ignored what she just did and sprinted away.

As she got to the gates of the Academy, she saw it was wide open. She saw a pack of Strigoi ran around close to the gate, so she quicky stepped to the side and hid behind the walls.

The alarms of ringing loudly from all directions. The memories of that awful night rushed back to her and she started to feel heavy, no she didn’t feel heavy. It felt like something heavily was squeezing against her chest.

She breathed in fresh air, fulling her lungs.

This is not the same, this is different from that night. I didn’t have anything to protect myself with and the one I loved. This is different because I have the power to protect myself.

“This is not the same.” She whispered to herself as she threw away all those fears.

She closed her eyes, trying to remember how many there were in front of her. Two to the felt, on closet to the gate and another on feeding on a most likely already dead Moroi further away from her.

She visualised what she was going to do.

She was going to step out of from behind the wall. Run through the gates and run towards the Strigoi closet to the gates. Quickly put it to flames so she could focus on the two to her left.

She would use her Air magic to push one of the Strigoi away from her as she burns the other one.

Fire, was her closest friend in these type of situations.

She would then burn the Strigoi who she pushed way, turn and run towards the Strigoi who was feeding on a Moroi.

Not wanting to get closer to it, she would use her Air magic to enhance the distance her Fire magic would go and kill it.