42

Everyone left around two am.

I immediately made sure the door was locked before showering and getting into bed, plugging my phone in and making sure the sound was on.

I sent a text to Ashton, letting him know that everyone was gone and that I was going to bed and I locked my phone

Letting the darkness take over.

Ashton.

I finished getting ready, immediately sitting on the couch and waiting for Luke, calling Ava in the process, knowing she told me to call her before I leave.

Soon her face came into screen, sleep written across her face as she squinted at the screen.
"Hey baby" I laughed to her, seeing the smallest smile appear on her face.

"Hi"

I watched her stare at the screen, blinking slowly as I talked to her about our night and what our plans were for today, which I didn't have much information on.

"What about you baby, what are you going to do today?" I asked her.

"Sleep" she responded simply, making me laugh

"And after that?" I asked, seeing her let out a small stretch.

"I dunno, I think me and Sierra are going to go to the mall" she spoke simply, making me nod slowly.

"Well good baby, I hope you have a good day-" "I miss you" she interrupted me quickly, making me smile at her face, which was trying to look happy but I could see that she was sad through the phone.

"Three more days and I'll be home, baby girl" I told her firmly, wishing nothing but to just be right there with her.

She nodded slowly.

We soon sat quietly, just looking into each other's screens, cracking smiles to each other, which would lead to laughing.

Soon I watched her quite literally fall right back asleep, without saying a word.

My beautiful baby.

"You ready?" Luke asked, making me nod.

"Been ready for like twenty minutes."

He drove and I kept Ava on FaceTime, our talking and music playing never waking her up.

I took a screenshot just as we got to the hospital, knowing I had to hang up.

"Hey Ava"

She didn't move

"Baby- Ava, I have to hang up"

Her eyes never even twitched

So I just hung up, planning to text her once I was inside and settled

Have a good day baby girl. I'll talk to you on my lunch break<3

I changed into scrubs, looking to Luke, who appeared to be handling a serious phone call.

"Baby, do you need me to come home? Just say the words, I will." I looked to him quickly, knowing that if we went home at this point, we were going to get our asses chewed beyond belief and be leaving this hospital in a situation.

"Okay, I'll talk to Ashton and we'll figure out what we are going to do" Luke exhaled into the phone before saying a quick

"Okay, I love you too. I'll call you shortly."

Luke hung up, looking to me and shaking his head

"We have to go home."