44

Sierra.

From the second after she said she needed Ashton, she broke down into pure panic

And that did nothing but send me into a complete frenzie as well

Random lady.

I stayed on the phone with the 911 operator as I watched one of the two girls break down into tears, gripping the other girl as if her life depended on it, begging her to "get Ashton".

I could tell the other girl tried to maintain composure, but seconds after she wasn't able to calm her, she broke out into a full crying panic as well.

I rushed to the girls, telling them to sit, knowing I could hear sirens so if I could keep them calm for just a few more minutes- we would be okay.

I put the 911 operator on speaker, ignoring what she was saying as I comforted the girls, promising them that they were okay and trying to get them back into their state of shock so that maybe the medical professionals could handle the situation better.

Within minutes a police officer joined me, talking to the girls, who were both in shambles.

But luckily, one of them was okay enough to speak through her crying

"Please- just call my boyfriend, Luke"

We found her phone in the road, the police officer giving me the job of calling him as he tried to rush an ambulance to us.

I immediately went to the emergency contacts, seeing an immediate

Luke💗

I hit the name, praying he would answer and thankfully, I soon heard a

"Hey baby, are you guys here?"

"Hi, my name is Stephanie. I am so sorry to have to tell you this, but your girlfriend and another girl have been involved in a pile up car accident. They don't appear to have any visible injuries, but they are already out of their state of shock and crying a lot-" "where are you guys?" He asked quickly, I could hear background noise including a car door shutting.

"On the interstate heading into town, right beside the exit for Trader Joe's" I told him calmly.

"Okay- I'm only five minutes away from there, tell them that I am on the way and do not let an ambulance leave with them before I am there"

I went to the girls, assuring them that Luke was on the was, seeing that the darker haired girl immediately relaxed at the mention of that.

The other girl cried out, sitting in a defeated position, not even speaking.

And before the ambulance even got here, soon a tall blonde man ran through the crowd of police, who all tried to stop him but he flashed a badge quickly saying a quick "that's my girlfriend" before continuing to us.

He hugged the darker haired girl first, exhaling into her.

"You're okay" he told her firmly, kissing her head before focusing to her, glancing over her quickly looking for any visible injuries.

Since he didn't see anything, he focused to the other girl, hugging her as well.

"I need Ashton" she cried into his shoulder

"Let me do a really quick spinal and brain exam, just to make sure you guys are okay for me to transport you guys and we will immediately go to him.

I watched as he felt up their spines, through their shoulders and necks, before checking their eyes with a flashlight on his phone.

Seconds after that, he was helping each of them into his car.

"Thank you again- sorry to run, but I want to get them checked in a hospital." He spoke after explaining to the cops where he was talking them and all of the details of what would be happening with the car and such.

"Do you think I could get your contact information? Just so that I can check in with you later to make sure they are okay?" I asked him

"Absolutely"

He gave me his phone number before rushing to leave the area, police officers informing the paramedics the second they got there, what hospital he took them to and such.

After writing a statement over what I saw and all my personal information, I got into my car, exhaling to the scene that was now being cleaned

God, just keep those girls safe