Chapter 1 (Taken)

T A K E N

Allesandro's whole world lightens up as her small shouts resonates in the room.

"Papa, papa, papa. Where awe you?" A hardly 2 years old little Anastasia runs into her father's room. Little Anastasia is covered in paint from head to toe and a mischievous grin is  resting on her lips.

"Ana!? Who did this?" Her father asks her in concern as he crouches down in front of her.

"Gio Bubba did. Hes meanie." She sticks her bottom lip out.

Allesandro chuckles and playfully taps her nose before leading her towards the bathroom to clean up. But before they can move, Isabella enters in the room.

"Oh honey. What's this?" Ana hides behind her father's leg as her mother narrows her eyes at her. Anastasia never said this out loud but her mother is the biggest meanie.

"There's no need to worry, Bella. Kids were just playing around." Allesandro smiles off his wife's concern.

"I will clean her up. You should head downstairs. The party's about to start."

"I will see you later, my princess." He leans down to place a kiss on Anastasia's forehead. Anastasia stares up at her father's with a look of longing in her eyes but doesn't say anything.

As he's about to leave the room, a strange feeling hits his heart. He turns to look back at Anastasia whose being lead into bathroom by her mother.

'It's probably nothing.' Allesandro shakes his head and heads downstairs.

"You are a trouble child!" Isabella glares at her daughter who cowers back in fear. She roughly cleans her body by using the freezing cold water.

Anastasia lets out a soft whimper at her mother's hard scrubbing.

"Quiet!" Isabella hisses at her and squeezes her small arm rather painfully and drags her out of the bathroom after dressing her up.

Isabella pauses in her feet as the closet's door opens and someone steps into the room.

"Is everything done?" She asks impatiently.

Anastasia stares up at this strange man in pure confusion.

How does he get into Papa's room? Anastasia was busy thinking that she didn't even notice that man approaching her with a big injection in his hand.

Anastasia tries to scream but her mother covers her mouth as the man plunges the needle in her thigh.

Tears rolls down Anastasia's eyes continuously as her head starts to spin, suddenly everything turns black and she succumbs to darkness.

"Take her." Isabella smirks in accomplishment.

Allesandro greets the guests downstairs along with his 5 sons.

"Where's baby sister father?" One of them asks while looking towards upstairs curiously.

Allesandro follows his eyes with a small frown marred on his features.

"She will be here soon, so--"

However Allesandro is cut off by the sound of loud gunshots and Isabella's loud screams upstairs.

****************10 Years Later

Anastasia clutches her bleeding arm tightly and blows on it to cool down the pain a little. Her bottom lip wobbles as his footsteps reaches her ears.

"Anastasia!" He calls in a sickly, sweet tone.

"Come out little one. I'm not gonna hurt you...." Paul chuckles and looks around the dark basement.

Anastasia covers her mouth with her hand to muffle every sound and continues to shake in fear.

Her eyes widens as a hand grips her ankle tightly and she is dragged out from under the bunk bed.

Paul angrily stares at her making her cower back in fear.

"You thought you could hide from your punishment. YOU TROUBLE CHILD!" He yells, raising his hand making her cower back in fear. Before he could land a hit on her, a loud knock sounds on the door.

He narrows his eyes at Anastasia's shaking body.

He leaves her there on the ground and makes his way out of the basement.

Anastasia cries silently and hugs her bleeding arm still shaking. She stands up from the floor and makes her way upstairs. Paul was nowhere to be seen and the front door was closed.

She heads to the kitchen's sink. She turns on the tap. Closing her eyes, she first exposes her bleeding arm to cold water.

Anastasia clenches her jaw as the water hit her inner skin painfully and cleans off the blood. She gently scrubs off the dry blood surrounding around it and keeps her arm exposed to the cold water.

A minute later, she slowly turns off the tap and blinks to clear her teary, blurred vision. She grabs a clean washcloth and gently pats around her wound.

She searches through the cupboards and finally finds a needle. By using a thread and needle, she stitched the wound shut. Her jaw is clenched and she refuses to cry while doing the whole process. After cleaning up, she makes her way back to the basement, that's her room.

In the morning, Anastasia wakes up and finds herself sleeping on the floor. She must have fallen asleep there last night. She looks down at her arm and admires her work for a minute before pulling herself up in a sitting position.

After doing her daily routine of cleaning around the house and making breakfast for Paul, she heads to the bathroom to shower.

She puts on her black hoodie and her black jeans that were now completely faded and looks different from the time she bought from the thrift shop and that was about 3 years ago. She hadn't grown up a lot from since that time, that's why they still fit her.

She put her hood on to cover her half of her face. She grabs her book bag and slings it over her shoulders and by using the back door that is always locked from inside, she makes her way out of the 'home'.

Anastasia silently walks on the sidewalk, her head was down and she was trying to ignore whatever was happening around her.

Finally reaching her school building, she makes her way inside. Nobody noticed her or acknowledged her, because that's what her personality was. She was like a ghost presence barely paying any attention to the whisper and murmurs around her.

She never meddled in anyone's business, that's why everyone ignored her. Some were just afraid to talk to her due to her silent demeanour and some fake rumours.

After a long day at school, she was on her way back to home. Her heart slightly drops after noticing Paul's car in the driveway.

When she finally gets inside, he snaps his head to look at her with a look of hatred.

"You have two hours, pack everything." Anastasia was confused. The last time they moved was around 5 years ago. She couldn't help but notice how much anxious Paul looks.

To avoid his yelling and curses, she quickly start the work and starts to pack their stuff.

After 'His Little Rosa', this is the second time I'm writing another 'abuse' book. I don't like this subject and it doesn't matter if it is just a fictional character but still it pains me a lot. I have come across with those people who could well relate with 'Anastasia's character, they yearn for love and freedom. Don't just stay silent, please reach out for help and raise your voice against it. Build a support network, stop blaming yourself- its not your fault and make your mental and physical health your first priority...

With love
Davina❤️💛